"Get out of here, I'll take care of this." She didn't give him a chance to respond, she quickly ran towards the area the shot came from. Why did she save him? She was only suppose to observe and never interfere. She had watched many of her subjects get attacked or killed and she never intervened before. Was it wanting to know the enigma that was Dabi? What was that look, had he known she was following him and for how long? So many questions that needed answers.

She was standing where the shooter had been, they must have ran the second she jumped in. She looked around for clues to figure who would want to target Dabi but more importantly why he was a target. She was kneeling down looking at the barely visible imprint the shooter left, she was so focused that she didn't hear someone approaching.

"You're fast, I was wondering if you would ever show yourself." He squatted down and smiled, "Don't bother, I just wanted to see what you would do."

Neko glared at him and her ears turned back in anger, "You planned all this?"

"Retract those claws kitty, I was just testing you." He stepped back and put his hands in his pockets.

She looked him up and down and sneered, she began to say something but decided to just leave. As she turned away he grabbed her arm.

"Wait a minute, tell me why you're following me."

"Why should I?" She tried to pull away from him but his grip grew tighter and began to grow warmer.

"I can't just let you go, you should know by now I'm giving you a chance and you know how rare those are. So be a good kitty and talk."

Neko closed the distance and had her body against his as she stared into his eyes. Just as she expected he began to shift his weight to move away from her. He did not like his personal space invaded. She pushed her body closer to his, "What's wrong flame boy, is this too close for you?"

Dabi clenched his jaw and then grabbed her hips and pulled her in, "What if I said it wasn't close enough?"

Her ears immediately perked and she hated that she couldn't control them, well when it came to this type of situations she lost her control. "What?"

"Guess I got the cat's tongue." Dabi smirked and kissed her.

Neko was shocked and stiffened, she thought his kiss would be rough but it was very tender. She slowly relaxed into the kiss and felt his tongue slide against hers. He tasted like a warm winter night, can someone taste like a specific memory that you've never had? That's what it felt like, a memory of a time where you sit by the fire enjoyingthe smell of wood burning and the sound of it crackling as you drink a smooth glass of whiskey. It felt warm and familiar and she didn't want it to end.

As he pulled back she let out a whimper and he chuckled, "Yeah, that's how I feel too."

Neko regained her composure and pushed him away, "How did you know?"

Dabi stuck his hands back into his pockets and walked around her, "You're not the only one that watches, I know when I'm being looked at. I almost burned you out of your hiding spot once but I was curious." He looked at her ears.

They immediately flattened back on her head, "If you make another comment about cats I'll end you before you finish that comment."

Dabi put his hands in the air, "ok ok, I get it. I'm tired of being referred to as burnt bacon. So who are you?"

She hesitated, she had already crossed the line by interfering and talking to him. "Neko, that's what they call me."

Dabi arched his eyebrow unamused, "Clever ... what's your real name?"

"What's your real name?"

He smirked "So that's it, someone wants to know who I am. Tell you what, keep me company and I might tell you."

She looked at him disgusted, "You expect me to sleep with you for a name? You're disgusting."

She turned to leave but again he grabbed her, "I didn't mean sex, I meant hang out with me. Talk, share some food, that kind of stuff."

"Why me?"

"Why not you?" He watched her roll her eyes, "Look, I don't know why. I just feel the need to have you close to me today. Ever since I noticed you I have felt more relaxed knowing you were there."

She had noticed he wasn't as angry or stressed lately and wondered what had changed in him. "Is that true or are you just saying what you think I want to hear?"

He smiled and reached for her snow white ears, thinking she would pull away he was surprised when she tiled her head towards him giving him permission to touch her. It was so soft, he gently rubbed the tip at first then caressed her whole ear. She closed her eyes and he noticed a soft hum, almost a purr, coming from her.

Neko quickly opened her eyes and pulled back in embarrassment. "Oh gosh, that was ..." she turned and covered her face, she had never let anyone touch her ears before so she didn't know she would have that reaction.

Dabi smiled and had thought it was cute. He walked past her like nothing happened, "Hungry? I know a great place that has amazing ramen."

She was thankful that he didn't mention the purr, "ok." She followed behind him, "You can call me Yuki."

Cute he thought, everything about her was cute and he knew he needed to protect her. He threw his arm around her shoulder "Still Dabi ... for now."

She smiled, all her rules were being thrown out the window now so might as well enjoy this moment.