Surveillance

This had been her second week of surveillance, she had been tasked to watch a top member of a new gang. Pfft if they could be called that, they were just made up of random people. Some school drop out who wore her uniform still, like she was trying to hold onto some innocent past life she could have had. Another was this very disturbed split personality, literally, guy who for the most part cared about them all. Some smoke vapor looking guy that seemed to be their means of transportation , nothing more. There was the guy she called magician, she though his quirk was pretty cool.

A lizard guy that was obviously a Stain fan, he didn't seem like he really was evil. Just didn't have another choice because if the heroes were out to stop Stain then this guy wouldn't stand a chance. She had a soft spot for anyone that was a fan because if she was being honest she would say Stain had a point. That didn't matter, her path had been chosen for her and she had to be a hero just like the rest of her family.

There was their leader, he was something else. There was something sinister about him, he was very focused. It made sense because who his mentor is but there was something else. She could understand AFO goal and need for power but this guy. Was he doing it for himself or was he groomed to think this is what he wants?

This was part of her personality that made her good at her job, her curiosity made her find out every detail about a subject. It was a gift and a curse. Her quirk helped too, track and stealth. Neko, she hated that name, it was such a lazy name choice. Yes she had cat ears but that was the only physical feature to a cat she had, well maybe her nails but still. A very lazy hero name that was given to her.

The last member, the one she was tasked to watch was Dabi, cremation quirk. Her first thought when she saw him was the sad emo boy that didn't get enough attention as a kid. He was always by himself or if he was partnered with someone he always let them do the talking. For the most part he was a mystery, he never did anything out of the ordinary but never had a set pattern. BUT he was focused and seemed like every move he made was for a specific goal. What that goal was she wasn't sure.

She did notice that he did not like for someone to stare at him too long or make any comments about his appearance. He quickly put an end to their existence. She was slightly shocked the first time and thought he was over dramatic about the whole thing but after that she chuckled when it happened again. Yeah he looked like he was pieced together but by adding the piercings he played up on that feature. She could understand where he was coming from, it was like the time she was given that gag gift for her birthday, a collar with a bell. She had been so pissed that she shredded it in front of everyone.

As she watched him she couldn't help but see the beauty in his imperfections. She was curious how he got hurt but whenever she tried to dig into his past she always hit a dead end. He was a real mystery and knew she was the only one that would be able to solve it.

Today had an odd energy about it, there was something in the air she could feel it. Everything seemed normal, she was following him as he just walked around but she felt on edge. She kept looking over her shoulder for whatever it was that was making her nervous. It was almost dusk and even though it was a calm day the uneasiness never left. Dabi left to find some dinner and that's when it felt like she went into a dream. She caught movement out of the corner of her eye and someone was aiming to shoot at him.

It was like she was watching events unfold in a movie, she wasn't in control of herself. She could only watch. In slow motion she watched as she lept from the building towards Dabi. He looked up at her and smirked, as if he had been waiting for her to show herself. She didn't have time to analyze his reaction, instead she grabbed him by the jacket and threw him towards an alley as they both watched a bullet hit the spot he was just standing at.