“You think…” I started to say.

“Caine was right, you’re a Luna now. That makes you a person of interest,” Liam replied.

I took a seat on the couch nearest to me, and closed my eyes. I was starting to feel lightheaded.

I’d been so stupid, only because I wanted to get my way.

“Theo wouldn’t tell him,” I spoke out.

Macon had been out of it. I assumed he’d been communicating with someone in the pack through the mind link, so I hadn’t bothered him.

Liam seemed thoughtful. Whenever he heard a noise outside, even if it was just the chatter getting louder, he would stand in front of me protectively.

“Did you hear what I said earlier?” Liam asked, shaking his head at me. “You haven’t seen or talked to him in so long. What makes you think Theo will remain loyal to you? The guy didn’t even believe it was really you standing there.”

“I need to talk to him,” I told Liam in a pleading voice.

Macon stepped in front of me as soon as those words left my lips.

“You can’t talk to the prisoners, much less if you actually know them.”

“Why not?” I asked Macon, giving him my best glare.

“Charlie, just let this thing between Caine and Derek blow over. We’ll talk about your friend after Caine comes back,” Liam said, in a much too casual tone.

“Open the door,” I ordered Macon.

The door opened up all of a sudden, but it was Victor who walked in.

“Who is it?” Victor asked.

For a second, I thought he was talking to me. Soon enough, I realized he wasn’t. He was looking at Macon, and his question had sounded more like a command.  

“Did Alpha Derek notice?” Macon asked.

“What are you two talking about?”

They didn’t answer. They both continued to ignore me.

“We don’t know. It didn’t seem like it. Caine doesn’t want to risk it. Who is it, or is it all of them?” Victor asked Macon.

“Do you know all of the Wolves or was it just that one?” Macon asked me.

“What are you going to do?” I crossed my arms over my chest, in attempt at not looking so weak.

“Which of those Wolves do you know?” Victor asked me.

His voice held more command than when Macon had asked me. I knew it was because Victor was a Beta and Macon was third in command.

I wasn’t even a Wolf and their tone was getting to me.

“I have no idea if the rest of the Wolves recognized me. Theo’s the only one I noticed,” I finally replied.

“What’s the plan?” Liam interjected.

Although Victor didn’t look too happy doing so, he actually replied to Liam. He replied to Liam, and yet he had ignored me when I asked.

“Derek claims to come in peace. He doesn’t want to fight. They were about to wrap the meeting up when I came over here. But Macon told me the Luna had recognized one of the Wolves.”

“Yes, she did. He was a Wolf Charlie knew when she was in Knight Pack,” Liam added.

“I need to know who it is, so that we can take care of him. If he hasn’t told Derek about Charlotte, Caine wants to keep it that way.”