when both of your eyes finally meet, you look away in embarrassment. you wondered how long you had been staring at him; him wondering the same.

your relationship with kazuha was one you never wanted to get rid of. you felt comfortable with him. sometimes, too comfortable.

as you sat lost in your thoughts, the tension lingering in the air started to feel a little uneasy. but you were able to get it under control. you remembered back to the night you confessed to him, on the exact same swings you were on at this very moment.

just thinking of that night never failed to make your face go red of both embarrassment and happiness. what if he hadn't accepted? what would've happened then? would everything have gone wrong? would you guys still be friends? would you be talking with him ever again? would you ever be

"...here. for you, my love."

you snapped yourself out of your thoughts and back into reality. what was wrong with you? so many thoughts going on in your head at the wrong time...horrifying.

but there he was, holding out a bouquet of beautiful flowers, just for you. they smelled amazing. oddly enough, they smelled like him. you looked up to see his face. he looked...nervous. his hand was slightly trembling, and his cheeks were a light pink. it was...cute.

"for...me?"

"yes, who else?"

he jokes, as you smile. you didn't even realize it, but you were so happy, tears started falling from your eyes.

of course, how could you be so foolish to let your thoughts try and get the best of you? who cares about the what-ifs? he's here, right now. he cares about you. he loves you the same way you love him, if not more. he accepted your confession, and now you two were the happiest couple there ever could be. that's how it is now.

...

he notices the tears falling from your eyes, as his expression appears shocked. he brings a hand to your cheek, wiping them away.

"y/n! are you okay?" he asks out of concern, as his expression becomes more nervous.

you smile.

"y-yes, i'm okay. i'm just...so happy. don't mistake my crying! thank you..! thank you for the flowers..." you happily sob, grabbing the flowers from his hand with shaky hands. after you take the flowers, he embraces you in a warm, tight hug.

"...i love you so much, y/n. you don't know how happy you make me. i don't know what i'd do without you." kazuha says, as you start to feel him shaking too. you try to see his face, but he hides it, holding you tighter. he was probably crying, too.

you return the hug with the hand that wasn't holding the flowers. you smile in bliss.

"...happy valentine's day, kazuha."

"happy valentine's day, my love."

happy late Valentine's Day guys 💕
IM SO SORRY THIS IS LIKE A WEEK LATE IVE BEEN PROCRASTINATING ON LITERALLY EVERYTHING 😭😭 i hope you guys enjoyed!!! and u can yell at me for being a stupid procrastinator im sorry

also, just an fyi, not to scare any of you, but to be honest, i think i might be ending the book soon after a few more chapters. i'm not up to my usual writing schedule and unless you guys want updates like every 3 months i'm probably gonna end up just forgetting to write a bunch 😭😭

also, i don't wanna just keep your guys hopes up for more chapters when my schedule is super busy; it'd just be wasting your time and that would be horrible of me (i wouldn't forgive myself) so yeah...BUT WE'LL SEE.

i'll try and get some more writing done the next week or two, and let you guys know :))

i appreciate you guys so much, thank you for being so patient with me. i love you all so so much. have an amazing rest of your week 💗

- phoenix