trick or treat (halloween short!) 🍃

"y/n, i'm not sure if you should-"

ring!

"...oops."

you grin at kazuha stupidly. he wasn't exactly annoyed at you...more at the costume he was wearing.

yes, you both went trick or treating...as college students...in maid dresses.

and now, you had just rung your first doorbell while kazuha was nervously panicking, running around in small circles while waiting for the person to come to the door.

you both brace yourself as you hear footsteps approaching the door from the other side,

"trick-or-treat!" you both shout out in unison, as the door opens. in embarrassment, you both hold out your bags and quickly walk away from the doorstep, thanking the person who lived in there.

"what'd we get...ooh, swedish fish!" you excitedly announce, holding it up. you quickly tear open the packaging, bag still in hand. kazuha was adjusting his headpiece.

"want one, kazuha?" you ask, as he turns to look at you munching on one. he nods, as you hand him a piece and he quickly gulps it down.

"thank you very much, my love." he gently says, causing you to blush at the sudden name.

"a-ah, yeah...no problem." you pause, feeling your face flush as you both walk over to the next couple of houses down the row.

"shall we go down to the next block?" he asks. you still weren't too tired, so you reply "sure" and you both make your way to the next block of houses.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"oh my, and what are you two cuties supposed to b-"

"argh, cut it out, lisa!"

you cry out in even more embarrassment as you both look away. you didn't know the house you had just knocked on was lisa's, and now you both were feeling quite ashamed.

luckily, she didn't bother you for too long, and handed you both hershey bars before you had scurried away.

"at least we got chocolate afterwards..." kazuha dimly smiles, trying to lighten the mood.

"aagh, i didn't know that was her house! i'm so embarrassed! looking like this...!" you pout, tugging on the skirt of your maid costume.

"it's alright...i think you look cute." kazuha compliments, smoothly as always. considering this was his second way of charming you tonight, you decided to make a joke out of it; however, his words always took you by shock, causing you to lose your mind in love.

"back at you." you snicker, as his eyes widen in surprise. he didn't think you were going to say that to him, causing his face to turn red.

"h-hey...! hmph, enough, next house." he says angrily, however still smiling. you both laugh and move onto the next couple of homes.

by the time you were finished, both of your bags were full to the brim. you examine each other's bags for candy you both liked.

"snickers?"

"eh, keep."

"twix? m&ms?"

"ooh, i'll take some of those."

you both finish exchanging before walking a long way back to your houses that were, luckily, side by side.

"hehe, thanks for dressing up with me tonight, kazuha." you smile, giving him a quick peck on the cheek before leaving to go to your house. however, he quickly grabbed your wrist, preventing you to leave. you look at him in surprise.

"....eh?"

"you didn't even wait for a reply." he says, before holding your hand gently and kissing you back ever so passionately on the lips. you could feel your face get hot as he pulled away.

"...you look so funny kissing me with your maid costume on right now, kazuha." you remark, causing him to sarcastically smirk at you.

"oh? well, back at you, y/n. it looks like you enjoyed it, considering your face is red." he replies, patting your head.

your eyes widen in embarrassment. "did you just reuse my own reply to me?" you ask.

"maybe i did."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

happy halloween guys! i actually cosplayed as kazuha tonight! thank you guys for 100 votes, and for getting us so far that we've reached #5 at most for the kaedeharakazuha tag! love you all, as always. thanks for sticking around ^o^