Am I Blue?

Am I Blue?

            Sam woke up before Dean. Of course this was nothing out of ordinary he usually did anyway. Today, however, he had plans. Sam tiptoed from his room and past Dean’s door. Then even quieter he slid into the bathroom and began his devilish work. The boys always played practical jokes on each other. It was an ongoing battle since Sam was born…at least that’s how it felt. Sam climbed into the shower stall making fast work of his removal of the shower’s head. A quick look to the door making sure his victim was not near, Sam pulled the blue Kool-Aid mix from his pocket and quickly but carefully poured its contents behind the filter of the shower head. He stuck his tongue out with a mischievous grin, and screwed the showered head carefully back into place. He left the bathroom undetected, and headed to the kitchen to grab some breakfast where he would sit and wait. It felt like forever…

Dean rolled out of bed rubbing his face and hair. Slowly sitting up, Dean gave his chest a morning scratch. Dean stood up, stretched and headed to the bathroom. After examining himself in the mirror and deciding everything looked “damn good,” Dean climbed into the shower and started it up….

Sam’s head shot up from his iPad where he had been perusing news stories to pass the time when he heard the shower water start. It would only be a matter of time before…

“SONOFABITCH!” Dean hollered. This was immediately followed by, “SAM!”

Sam could hardly contain his fits of laughter, which only got worse when Dean stormed into the room with a towel clutched around his waist. His eyes were blazing, but he was a solid and brilliant blue.

“Dude!” Sam sputtered. “You look like a smurf!” Sam was cackling now.

“Oh this is funny?” Dean sneered. Sam could only nod his head. At that precise moment, Castiel appeared into the room.

“Oh, I see you took my advice, and went with blue.” Castiel nodded at Sam.

Dean looked to Castiel and then back at Sam with shock and confusion. “You!?” Dean snarled in disbelief that his best friend could ever betray him that way.

“I thought the blue would…”Castiel paused thoughtfully. “Have a more lasting effect.”

“Plus it really brings out your eyes!” Sam howled as he rolled off the couch. Dean slammed his hand on the counter before he turned on his heel and left Sam rolling on the floor and Castiel with a subtle smirk.

            Dean stomped into the bathroom and quickly tucked the towel so he could have use of both of his hands. Then he turned the shower back on and let the blue water run its course. While that was taking place, he went to work. In his fist was the package of Kool-Aide Sam had used and had carelessly left on the counter. When Dean slammed his hand on the counter, he snagged it hoping there was enough left inside to lace into Sam’s toothbrush. “Ha-ha!” Dean laughed wickedly. The shower water was still blue and Dean wasn’t finished.  He ran to Sam’s room quickly and yanked the cover off his bed, then Dean pulled the sheet, white of course, and proceeded to wipe the blue off of his torso, head and he took special care to get under his armpits despite the fact there wasn’t much blue there anyway. Dean flipped the sheet back onto Sam’s bed revealing the blue smudges all over it. “Oh Sammy, I may look like smurf, but at least I didn’t murder one.” One last touch before leaving his brother’s room, Dean sat on Sam’s bed and scooted his rear-end from to side to side. “Ah!” Dean grinned as he walked with great pleasure out of Sam’s room and down the hall to enjoy his shower free of blue water.