Tazuna looks at him in confusion as he demands, "Hm?! What are you getting at?"

Turning to face Tazuna fully, Kakashi clarifies, "This. I wanted to know if they were after us—ninja attacking ninja—, or if they were after you, the master bridge builder. When you put in your request, you asked for standard protection from robbers and highway men. You didn't say there were ninja looking for you—hunting you down. If we knew this, it would be a B rank mission or higher." Tazuna lowers his head as Kakashi continues to tear into him. "Our task was simply to get you to your destination and protect you while you finished building your bridge." The silver haired Jounin hoods his eye. "If we knew we'd be fielding attacks from enemy ninja, we would've staffed differently and charged for the cost of a B mission. Apparently, you have your reasons, but lying to us is not acceptable. We are now beyond the scope of this mission."

Sakura tries to explain gently, "We're Genin. This is too advanced for our level of training. We should go back." A shrug. "And I really think we need to treat Naruto's wound and get the poison out as soon as possible. Back in our village, we could take him to a doctor."

"Hm." Kakashi and I turn our heads to Naruto. He starts as he looks at us. Kakashi adds, "Naruto's hand could become a problem." He lets put a sigh. "I guess we should go back to the village."

Naruto growls in frustration, and pulls out a kunai. Much to our shock, he flips it and stabs it deep into the back of his hand... right into the bloody, poisoned wound. Sakura and Tazuna gasp in shock while Sasuke, Kakashi and I stare at the blue eyed male with wide, stunned eyes.

Pressing the blade deep into his wound, Naruto turns his back to us as he Frits out through his teeth, "Why am I so different?! Wh-Why am I always...?!! Ggrrr!!"

Sakura shouts as she steps forwards, "Naruto! Stop that! What are you doing?!"

Naruto continues, "I worked so hard to get here! Pushing myself until it hurt! Training alone, for hours... anything to get stronger—to reach my dream!" Large droplets of blood splatter on the ground as he keeps the kunai in the wound. "I will never back down again, and let someone else rescue me! I will never run away, and I will not lose to Sasuke! Upon this wound, I make this pledge! Believe it! Bridge Builder, I'll complete this mission and protect you with this kunai knife!" Naruto grunts as he whirls around to us, now grinning. "Don't worry, I'll be fine!"

With my flat expression, I say dully, "Naruto, that was really cool, how you took the poison out and all, but if you lose anymore blood... you're going to die."

A bird chirps as a couple of heartbeats of silence pass and Naruto processes what I just said. Then, his face starts turning blue as he sweat drops profusely from his rising fear, injured hand trembling as the knife is now removed.

Kakashi says as he crouches in front of Naruto, "It'll be a good idea to stop the bleeding. Seriously."

Kakashi gives a closed eye smile, his visible eye turning into a u shape

"Aaahhh! No, no, no! I'm too young for it all to end like this! No, no, no!!" He screams as he flails about and Sakura approaches, the backs of her hands on her hips.

Kakashi sighs, "Show me your hand."

He takes Naruto's hand but his legs continue to flail as Kakashi examines his wound and the pinkette scolds Naruto, "Naruto! You've got a self abusive personality. It's called masochism!"

I go up to the blonde but pause as I see his wound beginning to heal and close up on its own.

"The wound... it's already starting to heal. But, how...?" I think in confusion.

"U-Uhm..." Naruto stammers, making Kakashi and I look up at him to see his face is blue and he's sweating from fear as he trembles.

"Hm?" The black eyed male hums.

"You have a really serious look on your face. You're scaring me. Am I okay?" Naruto stammers fearfully, his other hand pressed to the side of his head, animated white eyes twitching nervously.

Kakashi says as he wraps bandages around Naruto's hand, "Huh? Oh, yeah. You'll be fine."

I think to myself as I ignore the others watching on curiously, "What was that just now? A type of self healing power?" Kakashi casts his gaze to me and seems to realise that I noticed Naruto's self healing hand.

When I meet Kakashi's gaze, he gives me a look that tells me be quiet about it, to which I plan to.

With Naruto's hand treated, we all decide to move on, leaving the Mist ninja tied up to the tree behind us.