Chapter 10

Never had she thought she would be engaged in a staring contest with the 'fictional' symbol of peace. She still held her ground though. Although it wasn't that hard since she couldn't see his blue irises from the blacks on his eyes. They were standing in the terrace of the penthouse and she started squirming after five minutes before looking away huffing. "Fine. I'm sorry I didn't answer your calls, I really didn't hear." She saw him from the corner of her eyes nod slightly his stance relaxing. Something other than that happened that made her look at him again this time in a bit of awe. She remembered seeing something like this in one of the spinoff mangas of the series but still.. His bangs went down and his eyes became normal white, the electric blue showing. His muscles were the same but he looked a bit slumped and less.. everywhere.

Oh shit! He looks hot that way too.. her eyes darted away for a second as a blush made her way to her face. "Uh.. you deflated.." His lips quirked a bit at her words, "Not that you look bad! It's um.. nice.. sorry! I'm trying to wrap my.. head.. around..it.." his face now had a very amused look before he decided that was enough.

"Yes. This is my civilian form." Even his voice calmed down.. it's like a muscular small might! She nodded.

"Cool cool." Can you sound even more awkward?! "All Might." She turned to the view of the city trying to gather her words knowing he was waiting for her. "I.. want you to take care of Tenko."

She could feel his furrowed eyebrows in his expression, "Why are you saying this as if you're going?" she pursed her lips her mind going to what happened earlier.

She ran inside with Tenko and helped him get ready for bed. "Today was fun right Tencchan?" the boy nodded as he climbed to the spot she patted on the bed. He was in his All Might onesie and she tucked him in. "What was your favorite ride?" she smiled at him as his eyes sparkled again.

"The rollercoaster!" she nodded happily, "yeah mine too." She patted his head a couple of times before getting up. "sweet dreams Tencchan." She went to close the lights before pausing at the small words that made her smile a bit more. "Thank you nee-chan." 

Once she was out, she went to the bathroom freshening up a bit to talk with All Might. She closed the door behind her and looked in the mirror. Her eyes looked tired. 

Expected.. It was a long day. A nice one though! 

She smiled washing her face before her world froze. Everything froze. Everything but the hand her eyes zoomed at. Her right hand was glitching. Now she understood why All Might used that word. It literally looked like it was flickering in a very distorted way. She could hear nothing but the sound of her heartbeats as she stared with wide eyes at her hand. It stopped after a minute but Keira kept looking at it. Slowly, she flexed her hand and it felt normal as if nothing happened. 

What just.. happened? 

She looked in the mirror and she could now see it, as if by noticing one glitch, she could see all the others. Her face that was normal a moment ago had a very different profile. Her eyes were glowing, some small parts of her face slightly glowed as well. Her gaze darted from one glowing part to the next and she knew one of them would be glitching some time later. She felt her chest tighten and her breathing get uneven as the grand bathroom suddenly looked very small and clamping around her. Her hand went to her chest as she tried to even her breathing. She took a few moments her eyes closed, her teeth gritted before slowly relaxing a bit. When she opened her eyes, her face was normal again.

"Can you.. promise me?" she looked at him her right hand going behind her. She could see the different emotions going through his face.

"Shane-san is this about what happened before.. the glitching?" he knew the answer when she flinched. "Look," he took her hand gently guiding her to sit down with him, "just because it happened once doesn't mean it will happen again." She felt herself grow cold at his words wanting to tell him that it already happened. That there was nothing to do about it. She looked at him squarely.

"All Might. I need you to promise me that when Im gone you will take care of Tenko." She said, "Had he not been Shimura Nana's grandson, I wouldn't have brought him here. I would have figured it out. Also, the fact that I may be gone any minute is not helping." Her face that was smiling all the time since the moment he met her was grim and upset. "I was supposed to be in my world where there are no quirks! Where there are no heroes or villains! I had a job, friends, a family! I should try to be getting back, I should, but I can't! Because I know.. I know.. and I.. Tenko.. he.. I can't leave him to.. I just.." she grit her teeth, her hands clenched beside her, as she closed her eyes for a second before looking away from him trying to collect herself.

"It's going to be fine, I am here. You don't have to do this alone Shane-san. I promise I will take care of Tenko.. " a gentle hand came under her chin and tilted her face towards him. ".. and you."

Her face looked pained and he felt his heart go out for how much she was holding on her shoulders. Her eyes looked like they were crying without any tears falling from them and he felt her face tearing him apart. It was a cruel irony that she resembled his master so much as well, that he couldn't bear the look on her face. His arms went around her and held her gently as if she would break if he pressed too much. She froze for a few seconds before she slowly returned it making him feel her trembling as she clutched onto the back of his shirt, his arms tightening around her as well.

It was a hug she desperately needed. The words he told her kept ringing in her ears as she tried to hold herself together. Her fears had not went away, but the warmth of the symbol of peace surrounded her in a way that made it hard to focus on anything else. Although, she couldn't fight the words her mind were telling her. This warmth was temporary and she was way in over her head.