Prologue

"Blue?"

The voice called a name that seemed familiar but I didn't completely recognize. Confused, I said, "who's there?"

"Blue, it's Gem! Where are you?"

I opened my eyes but only saw darkness. Until... There was a light. It was faint, but it was definitely there. As it got closer, it illuminated a girl with long ginger hair, green eyes, and a splash of freckles across her nose. "W-what..who?-"

I could still only barely see her, but the relief on her face as she looked at me was clear. "Blue! I thought I'd never find you!"

"Sorry, but... who are you?"

"Blue, this isn't a time for jokes! We need to get out of here!" The girl grabbed my hand and started tugging me in one direction. "We have to get back to X Life, FWhip and I need you to wake up!"

I pulled away. "I don't even know who you are!"

The girl turned around and stared, almost fearfully. "You... you really don't know?"

"No..."

"You must have hit your head really hard... My name's Gemini, but you know me as Gem. You're my sister. You are Bluemoon, but I call you Blue. I'm a twin to FWhip. We live in a world called X Life, but you got knocked out by a creeper explosion a few weeks ago and have been in a coma ever since. Please Blue, I know of a way out of here but you have to trust me!"

I hesitantly followed her. Gemini pulled a purple crystal out of her pocket. "Home," she whispered. "Hurry and put your hand on it, Blue." Then she started to fade.

I started to reach out, but a hand grabbed my arm.

"Are you sure you trust her?" The person behind me was a silhouette like pure void with the shape of wings on its back. A symbol, like a rectangle with two corners taken out of it, floated above his head like a halo, glowing purple.

The voice sounded male, so I assumed the being was a guy. "More than I trust you," I said.

"I can help you remember. You need only do one thing... if you wish to retrieve your memories, you must earn them."

"Blue, no!" Gem said. "That's-" but before she could finish, she was gone.

The entity gestured behind him, where there was suddenly a pedestal, glowing faintly in the semi darkness. On it was a sword with three hearts engraved into the hilt.

"Take the sword, and you take an opportunity."

Gem had seemed friendly, like she really cared. But this guy's offer was very tempting. I wanted to remember Gem, and FWhip, and X Life, and the life I might have had there. But there was something I needed to know first.

"Who are you?"

"You may refer to me as The Watcher."

"Well, Mr. Watcher, I accept." I took the sword, and my vision turned red.

~~~

I am aware that this is short, I can't write long prologues, but wait until the actual chapters.

Also, yes, this does have the Watchers in it 😏

I have never watched X Life. I don't particularly like crazy nodded stuff like that. But I have plans to avoid writing about X Life...

DUN DUN DUNNN

-Indigo