Beginning of The End~Chapter One

The sun burned my eyes as it shown through the dusty, cracked windows that were streaked with dirt from the harsh weather of Seattle. My old sheets from med school were wrapped messily around my sweaty thighs and calves. My forehead was streaks with lines of cold sweat due to my dreams. My hands shook slightly as I took my thumb and dragged it across my hairline picking up extra drops of sweat.

I stretched out my arms above my head and groaned, as I started to rub out my muscles.  It had been a long night, my head full of thoughts about today.  Groaning I struggled to remember what time I had to get to work.  Removing the covers from my legs, I turned to look at the clock.  Damn it.  It was 6:25 and I had to get to the hospital early for my first day as an intern. 

After fighting for a spot at multiple residency programs, and getting my pick, I had chosen Seattle Grace Hospital. 

After stumbling to the tiny bathroom, I made it inside and turned the shower on.  Soon, the water came out and the steam filled the peeling walled roomed, and the black and white tiles got drops of condensation on them.

Leaning my head back the water filled my hair and I lathered on my vanilla shampoo and conditioner.  Then washed my body with the same scent body gel.

When I got out of the shower, I dried myself off and checked the time once again.  6:35. Hustling, I picked out the outfit that I laid out last night.

A pair of khaki shorts and a loose baby blue tank top.  Since today was my first day I wanted to make a good first impression to try and impress my attending and my resident.

Running a brush through my hair, I applied my mascara and my hair went down into long auburn curls.  If I was going to make it I needed to run. Pulling on my tennis shoes and hopping out the door, and starting to run out of the building.

Jogging down a few blocks, the hospital came into sight.  It was absolutely gorgeous, more beautiful then when I had the first quick rundown off the place a couple weeks prior.

It was multiple stories made out of shining glass windows and shiny metal beams.  There were multiple types of people entering and exiting the hospital.  Some that were entering had sour looks and others were going in with their eyes shining bright with hope.

The ones leaving were either crying and had stunned, shocked looks.  But more often than not people were leaving with patients in wheelchairs or with relieved faces.  That was one of the reasons why I had chosen  Seattle Grace out of the multiple choices I had.

It had a high success rate and the doctors there were some of the best.  Sighing, I opened the door to my new job.

The moment I opened the door I was overwhelmed by everyone.  But after a moment I calmed down and was at ease.  After searching a bit I found a sign that read, elevators.

Walking quickly over to them I pressed the up key.  It opened up and I stepped inside towards the left side.  Not to long after a taller guy who seemed around my age came in.  He had short hair with brown eyes and reminded me of a frat boy from my sister's college which I'd only been to a couple of times before. 

I looked straight ahead and could feel his eyes sizing me up.  I shivered slightly and he noticed and smirked. 

 "You cold?" He asked which surprised me but then I realized what he was doing.  He stepped closer to me and got up behind me.  He leaned in and the elevator doors closed and I was scared.

He whispered into my ear, "Need a  jacket? You can take mine," He says and steps back. 

 I feel a pressure onto my shoulders and the doors open.  He quickly stepped off and I realized I was wearing his jacket.

I frowned and pulled it off.  Hopefully he wouldn't be in my intern class.  He was a jerk but not what I was used to.  I didn't like not knowing about how people react to things.

After walking a short bit to the conference room, I realized who was in the room at the front.  The Chief Webber.  I was shaking in my shoes.  He was the best of the best here. Scanning the room there were a couple of older doctors and a bunch of interns.

I found a seat next to an Asian female with curly hair.  She turned towards me and nodded and I raised an eyebrow back.  I turned towards the front of the room anxiously waiting for the chief to start talking. 

He lifted up his head and stood up at the head of the table, and he opened his mouth. 

"Welcome, to Seattle Grace Hospital,"