Chapter 9 Zevil Island

Start from the beginning

Exactly, whose is this?

.

.

.

.

.

She waved goodbye to the group before she went off to the forest, who'll be waiting at the boat for 2 more minutes before they could leave.

"I'm curious..." Killua turns at Gon who continues to stare off the path Freyja walks off, "What number did Freyja get?"

Killua turns back at the forest, the girl no longer at sight. His shoulders shrugged, "Dunno."

.

.

.

.

.

Freyja took another glance at the plate with an unknown number in it, "Just whose is this?"

Sighing, she heard an upcoming step coming in her direction. Her body went on high alert, quickly jumping to the nearest tree beside her.

She waited not more than a minute before another examiner appeared behind the bushes. His brows were looking at the surroundings in alert, not noticing his slight movements gave himself away to the people near the perimeter.

Leaning forward, she K.O.ed the clueless man with a hard blow in his head, his body slamming on the dirt.

She crouched down, checking every pocket the man had until feeling that circular badge.

Score right off the bat.

She rummaged through her belongings inside her cloak and took the same circular badge that she had hid from the very beginning of the hunter exam. And for the first time to actually have the chance to look at her badge carefully, not batting an eye at what number she was given by beans at the very beginning of the exam, her body screamed.

Number 402

She groaned, tempted to just pull her hair out of her head to dig out her brain for being stupid as she facepalmed.

Her target was her, herself all along.

What the hell... And she even spent her very last remaining brain cell to figure out which among the examiners was her target, only to find out it was her!

Oh well, there's no point beating on it all day. What's important is, she already had 6 points to move on to the next stage.

What she'll only need to think of is, what will she do for the next 6 days until the exam finishes?

Shall she try meeting with the others and help them? Nah, they'll manage by themselves.

.

.

.

.

.

It has been the second day and Freyja has failed to find anyone she knows.

"Where are they?" She pouted. She hasn't ran to anyone besides the one she had knocked out yesterday. And quite contrary to what she had told herself yesterday, she has been trying her hardest to look for any other human from high and low.

She was walking by the trees when a red butterfly passed by her. She watched the butterfly flutter near her before it flew away in another direction.

Her eyes followed the direction it went until she saw a figure quietly sitting against a tree with many other red butterflies fluttering beside him.