Berry, Berry... STRAWBERRIES!!!

Strawberry Sunshine (Jung Hoseok)
Birthday special [Oneshot]
Written by @jjnsvff_7

Y/N POV

This boring assignment finally ended!!! I should go somewhere, but where? Yes, the park right in front of my house. I quickly get ready and walk into the park. This garden gives me nostalgia for my childhood. I miss the good old days, now I am 19 year old adult with nothing to do except to study for this stupid degree. The park was weirdly calm today. Children were there with their friends, laughing and smiling with their little mouths. When I was 9, I had a best friend, with whom I used to go and play here all day.

I wonder where he is now? He just disappeared into thin air after we turned 9 and I never got to say my last goodbye to him. We both were so close that we also promised that we will get married once we become big. I laugh at the bittersweet memory of mine. I was silently walking in the park where I saw a cat. "Lili, is that you?" I went to the cat to pat her head. I always saw her in the park when I came here and became friends. I also brought her something to eat.

"You have become so thin, dear. I am sorry, I can't take you home." My mom doesn't allow any pets in the house. When I move out of the house, the first thing I do is take her in with me. I smile at her and put her on my lap and ruffle her fur. I decided to play some music and started to hum happily. That's when I didn't realise a boy coming and sitting beside me. "Bella sweetie, hi!! I didn't realise you will be here with-" a loud high pitched voice comes from my back. I flinch by the sudden voice and look back at the person. We had eye contact for a while.

I saw a boy who was tall, buff with an amazing sense of fashion and most importantly, his hair was....silver. Unusual, but he looked good in it. My mind repeatedly told me that I know someone like him but I don't remember that at all. He stared at me for a while and gave me a heart-shaped smile. That smile was very familiar. I look at Lili, looking at that boy. She went to his lap and sat there. He giggled a little and started giving her treats. "I am sorry, I didn't come last week. I had my exams and dance practices."

I guess he calls her Bella. I smiled at them and got up from the bench as it was getting very awkward. I started walking around when I heard someone calling my name. "Y/N! Wait." I saw that boy running behind me. He stopped in front of me and started panting hard. "Y-Y/N, is that you?" His voice..... I remember it. "H-hoseok?" "Yes!! It is me!!" He smiled. "After so many years, I finally found you, Y/N. How are you?" I just kept on staring at him. I was too surprised. That this guy is that little Hobi I knew 10 years ago.

"I-I am fine, just surprised. Y-you?" Tears started to come out of my eyes. "Hey hey, why are you crying? Now, I won't leave you, ever. Ok?" He started to wipe my tears and gave me a soft smile. "I will come back in a few minutes, ok?" I just stared at him and nodded, still crying. He went away and I was waiting here. Thank god, there were not many people in the park today or it would be so embarrassing. I have already embarrassed myself in front of my childhood best friend / crush. So great.

After some time, he came back with two ice creams in his hands. Chocolate, my favourite. I smiled through my tears. "Here's a chocolate one for you, as you always liked." I mumbled a small "thank you" and started eating. "I knew, it would still stop you from crying." I smiled at him. "You still remember it?" "Why not? You were, are and will always be my best friend, Y/N." We decided to take a walk across the park. A calm breeze brushed through my hair as we both started talking.

"So, where were you all these years?" "When we were 9, my family had a big loss in their company. We had no choice but to leave for Gwangju that night itself. I never got to say my last goodbye to you. I am sorry for that. But I shifted back to Seoul 3 years ago for my further studies and my passion for dance. I searched for you a lot, and lost hope. But now, here we are." He smiled. Poor him. He searched for me this much and I blamed him for years. "It's fine, Hoseok. The thing that matters now is that you are here in Seoul now."