III

"So...what kind of things do you do?" Usual coffee and smile.
I sit back on the couch in the room with a sigh.
"I'm not going to judge you." Angela sighs.
"Then why is the psychotherapist here?"
"Oh, I just want to learn more and see how your brain works." Sweets grins.
"Fine, ask away." I throw a hand in the air.
"I asked first." Angela frowns.
"Its a vague question!" I chuckle.
"I'll start, are you the dominant or submissive?" Sweets sits in another chair beside Angela.
"Both, its called being a switch." I lean forward, cupping my coffee cup in my hands.
"Are you more one side though?"
"I'm more submissive."
"Didn't expect that." Angela looks at the ground.
"You're a strong guy though."
"Well, that's just it." I smile. "I know I'm a strong guy, I know I go to the gym, workout, do all this...work stuff."
"Its an escape." Sweets nods. "So...what...are you into?"
"Now you wanna know the gritty details." I roll my eyes.
"Well, if I'm going undercover then I suppose its the best way to go." Angela shrugs. "Then I'm not going in clueless."
"Fine, pup play. Like horses, but as a dog and different styles."
"Elaborate on that?" Sweets notes something down.
"Don't write this down!" I yell.
"I'm writing down things I notice about you." He argues. "I like to know who I'm working with."
"I have a hood with pup features, a collar and a leash. My wife is more of a service submissive."
"Which is?"
"Well, she performs acts of service. It's not always sexual, it can be anything."
"I get it." Angela grins. "Should I do anymore research before Tuesday?"
"I'd say so." I take a gulp of coffee. "I need to lie to my wife about this, she would hate the idea of this being a work thing."
"And you're okay lying to her?" Sweets scoffs.
"Yeah, she doesn't need to know."
"Right, would she be upset if you told the truth?"
"Very, and that is something I'm not okay with." I stand slowly. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I can't believe I've lied to the woman I've been with since high school, junior year of high school...wow, she's been the woman I've been with for my whole life really. She would freak out if I told her the truth, she doesn't like people snooping, undercover agents are basically a form of snooping.
"When is she coming over?" Mel smiles.
"Five minutes." I check my watch.
"You look nice."
"You look even better." I grin.
The doorbell rings, Mel rushes excitedly to go and meet my newest colleague. I stand awkwardly, I can't believe we're doing this.
"Lets get you to your first munch, your future husband is going to love coming to these." Mel rushes on and on.
"He's really awkward." Angela smiles.
"A lot of people are until they find what they like."

Angela sticks close to me, taking a sip of whatever while she watches my wife talk to her friends.
"She's beautiful."
"Huh?" I shake my thoughts off.
"Your wife, she's gorgeous."
"I know." I sigh softly.
"How long have you guys been together?"
"Since we were sixteen, I just passed my driving test."
"Did you take her somewhere special?" She nudges me playfully.
"No, I took her best friend." I grin.
"You dog!" She gasps. "Literally."
"Shut up." I roll my eyes playfully. "Her best friend asked me out, I said yes...we had sex, dated for a month then I realized I liked Mel."
"How did her friend take it?"
"Not well, she had her brother beat me up." I laugh. "High school."
"So, your kids..."
"They don't know anything about this." I look down at her.
"I figured, I just meant...your kids in general."
"Amanda is my oldest, she's almost sixteen." I smile. "She's a smart kid, good grades, popular, Mel was pregnant with her when I left for the military so her childhood was mostly letters, bad Skype calls that lagged and wishing I was home."
"She must love having you home."
"She does, there's nothing I wouldn't do for her. She's like her mother, Mikey is seven, he's a lot like me, a little...dangerous, his latest stunt was trying to fly."
"As if you didn't try it." She chuckles.
"I did, but at least I built wings out of cardboard, this kid tool a batman Cape and decided that was fine."
"Sounds like a good family, I hope Hodgins and I can be like that."
I look at my drink, frowning a little.
"It takes a while, Amanda had a lot to say about me leaving. She still does."
"Its gotta be hard though, having your dad gone for some time then he shows up again." Angela mumbles.
"I know, but I'd still die if anything happened to those kids."
"Or your wife."
"Trust me, she can handle herself." I laugh softly. "She took self defense classes."
Mel looks over, giving me a small wave and a wink which I return happily. I am lucky, I can't lie. I got the head cheerleader, married her, have beautiful kids, now I have a great career. Life is good sometimes when you're not investigating dead guys.

"Case is closed then." Angela smiles. "It was the domme all along."
"You think you know people huh?" I sigh, flipping through my notebook.
"Wonder whats next." Hodgins mutters.
"Maybe we'll have a case with lots of bugs just for you." I joke.
"I'd love that." Hodgins grins.
"I know you would." I smirk. "I'd like to forget this case though."
"Sweets...is looking at you." Zach joins us.
"He's studying me." I roll my eyes. "Kid doesn't know when to quit huh?"
"Isn't it his job?" Zach looks at me.
"For criminals and victims sure."
I wave at the kid who awkwardly waves back before he walks away in a rush. Weird guy, young and weird.
"I could totally mess with him."
"Don't be mean." Angela swats the back of my head. "He's just trying to get into your tiny brain."
"Tiny?" I glare. "My parents will argue with that."
"I have to agree with the young lady, son. You did try to ride a bike backwards." I turn to the new voice slowly.
"Dad, why are you here?"