{Chapter 6} A Date with Fred Weasley

Start from the beginning

“Marley,” I heard George whisper in my ear as I looked at him, “I heard you are Fred are going on a date? Is that true?” George asked as I immediately stopped and felt my cheeks burn.

“W-Well… err… yeah…” I stuttered as George grinned from ear to ear.

“I knew it! Well done Fred, you caught the most beautiful girl here, well besides my Caitlin of course.” George exclaimed as he slapped me on the back, I had to catch myself before landing on my face.

“Thanks Georgie!” Fred announced as he walked into the lit shop as I followed cheeks still burning and I saw Verity immediately glaring at me from behind the cashier counter. I avoided my gaze, I have a feeling her and I were not going to be getting along too well. “Verity, you can go home now you did a nice job today. Remember pay day’s tomorrow.” Fred said as Verity smiled at Fred.

“Thank you Mr. Weasley. I think I will, but isn’t Marley going home? Because I would gladly walk with her.” Verity said smiling at me; I knew that smile was fake.

“No need to worry, Ver.” Fred said smiling down at Verity, “That was very nice of you to offer though.”

Verity nodded as she grabbed her small jacket and looked at me. “I’ll see you tomorrow then.” And with that she left, I sighed.

“Well… I should be getting home to, have you two checked on Clary by any chance?” I asked looking at Fred and George who nodded.

“She was watching a movie last time I checked on her.” Fred said with a grin.

“Well I should probably go get her, I’m not sure if she’s ate anything.” I replied George nodded.

“I’ll go get her, you two just wait here.” George said as he climbed up the spiraling staircase. I then turned my attention back to Fred, to see he was intensely staring at me.

“Why are you staring at me?” I asked as he grinned.

“Just admiring the view.”

I blushed, “How did you like your first day at the store?” Fred asked looking at me as I smiled, remembering the events that have happened the first day. Oh goodness, there were a lot.

“It was…. Interesting.” I said as Fred smirked.

“Oh and by the way, I’ll be picking you up on Sunday at four.” Fred said nonchalantly as I stared up at him, feeling the blush cross my cheeks. “That’s the one day we don’t open, so we can have our date then.”

“Umm… Fred…. But what about Clary?” I asked, Fred grinned.

“George has agreed to watch her, along with Caitlin no doubt. They’ll probably stay at your place.” Fred said with a smile, he had really thought this through.

“What are we doing, on this…. Outing?” I asked unsure, I didn’t want to make it seem like it was more than just two friends going out for fun… I mean that’s all it was right?