Started and instantly released this was shit

Betty POV:

"If I said I had feelings for you, would you date me?" I asked James who chuckled.

"Of course not" he said as he looked down at me.

"Why?" I asked him.

James is my next door neighbour and one of my best friends. He's also the older brother of another one of my best friends, Sweet Pea.

"So many reasons. For one, I'm 21 and you're 17, really illegal. And secondly, I'm not the Connor you want" he said.

"I don't love Sweet Pea" I said and he chuckled.

"At the least you're jealous he's got a girlfriend" he said and I shook my head.

"No, I'm hurt he can barely look at me since he got into a relationship" I said to him.

When Sweet Pea got into a relationship, he pretty quickly distanced himself from me. I'd text him to hangout or if he wanted to go to the Wyrm with me and our friends. But as soon as he finds out I'll be there, he backs out.

It really hurts, your best friend of seventeen years suddenly avoiding you like the plague for no good reason.

"Talk to him about it" he said as he stood over the stove, making us some food.

"He made his choice" I said.

I don't know if he decided to fuck up our friendship because he wanted too or if his girlfriend had anything to do with it. But at the end of the day, he made the decision to go through with it.

"I mean it's up to you what you do, but I'm always on your side" he said making me smile.

"Thank you" I said.

........

This is when I released that a) this was shit and b) I didn't know how I was going to get Sweet Pea and Betty to be friends, let alone date sooooo. Have this nugget 😂