"W-well, you do." Armin answered, avoiding eye contact just like Eren. Mikasa seemed to get used to my playful personality so she wasn't glaring as much as she used to. I chuckled a bit.

"She, in fact, does look good." We heard another voice. Reiner has already mounted his horse and was leading him our way.

"Thanks, babe." I playfully said before mounting my horse. Reiner rolled his eyes but there was a smile on his face. Soon, the instructor came and we left the camp. It took a while before we got to our destination, but once we did we were standing in front of a forest. We all dismounted our horses and got into a line.

"Listen, kids. Today we're going to test out your skills out in the field and how many things have you learned from these past few months." Our instructor made his way towards us.

"In the forest, there are fake figures of Titans who have rubber on the back of the neck. On their nape to be exact. Your job is to slice the rubber and kill the Titan. We're going to count your score, so don't take this test lightly." Our instructor shortly explained. We all prepared for the test.

"Go!" We heard our instructor yell. All of us used our ODM gears. I choose to leave the group and went my own way. As I was flying through the forest, I prepared my swords and paid close attention to my surroundings.

A Titan suddenly appeared in front of me. Quickly, I moved to the side and got behind it. I spun in the air and swung both of my swords. I got a pretty clear cut. I landed on one of the branches and smiled to myself.

I didn't waste any time and moved to another location, I spotted Jean in the distance. I smirked to myself and began to follow him. And he found one of the figurines for me. He was about to cut the nape but I flew right past him. I used more gas to get faster, and I cut the nape first.

"What? (Y/N)?!" Jean looked at the Titan and then at me, clearly annoyed. I stuck my tongue at him and then left. Then an idea popped into my head.

'If I use more gas, I'm faster right? So what if use the gas two times more to move around? Let's find out I guess?'

I used much more gas than before and was faster. It was a bit harder to pay attention to things around me though. I managed to kill two more Titans. And then I decided to use all the gas I had left.

I flew around the forest while looking around for the figurines. I took a sharp turn to the left and I almost flew into one of them. But I acted quickly and moved to the side, I used the gas to get above it. And quite high. Before I began to fall back down I turned the swords the other way. Then, I used the remaining gas to speed up my fall and got a clear cut. I grinned and safely landed on the ground. I used up all the gas I had so I had to walk towards our horses.

"What are you doing on the ground?" I looked up and spotted Eren.

"Oh! I used all of my gas so I have to walk." I giggled. Eren blinked at me.

"Do you want me to carry you back there?"

-Time skip-

It was evening now and I was spending some time with Eren, Armin, Reiner, and Bertolt. We were just talking when Reiner said something about Titans. And I suddenly remembered what happened that day in Shiganshina District.

"Are you okay (Y/N)?" Armin asked. He gained the attention of others. I must've spaced out. I looked at him before looking at my hands.

"Has any Titan ever just picked you up, wanted to eat you, and then just put you back on the ground, and like... Not eat you?" I asked. I looked up at them and well, they all just stared.

"What?" Eren awkwardly laughed.

"What do you mean?" Bertolt asked. I rubbed the back of my head and then sighed.

"I know this might sound crazy. And I know that you probably won't believe me and actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all because if somebody told me what I'm about to tell you, I would just freak out, think they are crazy, and wouldn't trust a thing that they said... But anyway." There was a moment of silence before I decided to speak again.

"That day, when Wall Maria got breached, part of my house got destroyed. My father got eaten by a titan and I just run away. I was running towards the Inner Gate when a Titan grabbed me." I heard Armin gasp after I said that.

"Did a soldier save you?" Reiner asked. I shook my head.

"No. I was trying to get out but then I stopped. The only thing I could think of was just 'Please don't eat me.' It sounds pathetic sure, but when you're in a situation like that... Just... Face to face with death..." I said as a clear image of that Titan appeared in my head. How he was opening his mouth. Armin then placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Well, the crazy part is... The Titan put me down."

"I'm sorry, what?" Eren moved his head to the side.

"I'm not joking around, I swear. It was about to eat me and then stopped, put me back on the ground, and didn't attack me at all. It let me escape." I looked at their faces. They were looking at me as if they saw a ghost.

"Take your time to process things." I said. Armin was shocked, Reiner crossed his arms over his chest and seemed to be thinking, Bertolt was shocked as well and Eren just looked like he lost all his remaining brain cells.

"I'm like... I'm trying to understand just... How?" Reiner asked. I shrugged, not understanding it as well. It took them like 10 minutes to get things together. rally looked like he was about to solve the biggest case ever.

"There must be a reason why the Titan let you live, or just like, put you back on the ground... Right?" Eren looked around. Reiner nodded, agreeing with him.

"Well, I forgot to ask him why he put me down, sorry." I jokingly rolled my eyes.

"The Titan might've been different. Maybe it was a different kind. Maybe you could... Write that experience and sent it to someone, in a letter." Armin said with a bit of hope in his eyes.

"Like who?" I asked, raising a brow at him.

"Survey Corps." Bertolt said.

"To their commander." Reiner continued.

"Right! To Erwin Smith!" Eren finished.

"Maybe they'll know something about it. Or maybe they don't and you would just bring another information about Titans. It might help." Armin said.

-Time skip-

I thought about it a lot. About writing a letter to Erwin Smith and telling him my life story. But then I was like 'Nahh. I'll only be a bother.' But Armin forced me to write it. It took a while to convince our instructor to send the letter to Erwin Smith, but he agreed and he sent it.

Now we were having lunch and the doors to the cafeteria opened. We all looked toward the doors and I swear to God, my soul left my body.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Erwin Smith and I'm the current commander of the Survey Corps. A few days ago, I received a letter from someone who I believe is here."