Chapter 2

(Y/N)'s POV)

Year 847

Age: 16

---

"We shall now begin the enlistment ceremony for the 104th Training Corps!" The loud voice of our instructor could be heard throughout the whole area. Everyone who decided to join the Training Corps was standing in a firm line.

"Unfortunately for you, I, Keith Shardis, have been assigned to be your instructor." I looked at him with my eyes. He seems like the worst instructor we could get. But the worst always teach the most.

"I have not the slightest intention to welcome you! As you are now, you're all mare cattle who exist to fatten up the Titans! You're nothing more than that!" I kept my head still but looked around with my eyes. There were a lot of interesting people.

"Well take your useless degenerates and make something out of you over the next three years! We'll drill the methods of fighting the Titans into you! In three years, when you find yourself before a Titan will you still be mare pray?! Or will you be an honorable wall that protects its king?! Or perhaps a glorious soldier of mankind that exterminates the Titans?! Decide for yourselves!" I looked back in front of me and lower my gaze a bit, I've already decided who I want to be.

After a few more chats, the instructor began to walk around and ask people who they are, where are they from, and more. It gave me a good idea of the different personalities. For example, Arlert is from the same district as I am. He seems like a good guy, and smart.

The instructor was also passing by some people and didn't question them. He was walking in the line where I was standing. And he stopped in front of me. I could tell he was looking at me. I raised my gaze up at him and looked him in the eye.

His gaze was sharp, but I didn't break the eye contact. A small 'hmm' came about of his lips and he moved on. I smiled to myself a bit. A few more people were questioned. Then, our instructor saw a girl with brown hair eating a potato. He began to walk towards her.

"Who the hell are you?!" He yelled at the poor, probably hungry girl. She quickly swallowed and placed her right hand on her chest.

"Sasha Blouse from Dauper Village in Well Rose's southern district, sir!" She introduced herself. Everyone was looking at them as they talked. Then, she split the potato into two parts. One part was noticeably bigger than the other. She gave the smaller one to the instructor and weirdly smiled at him. I quietly giggled.

'She's gonna regret that.'

-Time skip-

And she was told to 'run till you drop'. She did seem to mind it, but when the instructor said to skip dinner, I could see her soul leaving her body.

Usually, I eat my food in silence and I don't stick my nose into anyone's business. But Jean and Eren seem to like doing that a lot. They almost had a fight but called it off.

"Not much of a talker?" I gave a side to the male that was sitting next to me. The male has short black hair and appears to be really tall. He has a pair of green eyes, also.

"I'm enjoying my food." I said with a small smile.

"I see. I'm Bertolt Hoover. Nice to meet you." The male introduced himself. I looked at him.

"(Y/N) D'Angelo, nice to meet you too. I'm from Shiganshina District." I gave him a small smile.

"You've been there on that day?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, but I didn't know how they got in until recently. They breached the wall? And the titan higher than the walls? I sure didn't expect that." I said, slowly finishing my food.

"You mean The Colossal Titan?" Bertolt asked. I nodded and snapped my finger at him.

"Yeah! That thing! It might sound weird, but I'd like to see it in person. It's hard to believe that it was taller than the wall." I chuckled a bit and leaned against my palm.

"Did you... Lose somebody that day?" I looked at Bertolt. He was looking at his empty plate, his expression seemed to be a bit sad.

"My father." I gave him a short answer.

"I'm sorry-"

"Bertolt, you coming?" Bertolt was cut off by another male that was approaching the table. He has short blond hair, hazel eyes, and appears to be tall as well. His expression is also a bit scary.

"Yeah. It was nice meeting you (Y/N)." Bertolt stood up and gave me a smile. I smiled as well while giving him a small nod. After that, he left along with his friend. I sighed and left as well. Once I got into my room I changed and we to bed right after.

-Time skip-

A few days have passed and we've been practicing ever since. They tested our aptitude for the ODM gear. Not to brag or anything, but it's peace of cake. I'm a natural. Might be because I was training with my father a lot, he taught me how to keep balance.

"(Y/N)!" I heard my name being yelled at from across the campus.

"Do not yell at me! What?!" I looked over my shoulder. It was Eren and Armin. Both of them ran towards me.

"Help me!" Eren said. I turned my whole body at him and blinked.

"With the ODM gear! Please!" Eren moved closer to me. Right, he has trouble keeping his balance. I narrowed my eyes at him a bit. Both of them got nervous as I stared at them, not saying a word.

"Okay." I shrugged my shoulder. Eren's whole face immediately lit and he gave a big smile.

"Thank you so much! Let's go!" He grabbed my hand and began to lead me towards the training area.

"W-wait! Like right now?!"

-Time skip-

"Okay, try to reach your left hand to the front and your right one to the back. Keep your legs together." I said as watched Eren do exactly as I said.

"Armin." I said. Armin began to raise him up. As he was doing that, I made my way to Eren's side. Once he was high enough, he kind of got it but was about to fall like 10 seconds after. Before he could hit his head I grabbed him by the back of his shirt and pulled him back up.

"Here." I mumbled and placed my hands on his waist. I twisted it to the side just a bit. Then I fixed his form, his arms, and legs. Eren was paying close attention to what I was doing and how I changed his posture. Then I looked into his eyes.

"Now listen, I want you to pay attention to your balance. Don't focus on doing it well. Rest your weight upon the belts, waist, and the back of your legs. Okay?" I tried to explain it in the easiest way possible. Eren seemed to be a bit puzzled though.

"Okay."

-Time skip-

My eyes met with Eren's. He looked at me, he seemed to be a bit worried. I smiled and winked at him. It was the day after I helped him with the ODM gear. I brought both of my hands together and towards my lips, it looked like I was praying.

"Begin!" Our instructor said. And they began to raise him up. I watched his every move. And all the cadets as well. I narrowed my eyes. And just like that Eren did the same position as I taught him. The next thing that I heard were gasps from other people.

"Devote yourself to training." The instructor said before he began to walk away. Eren raised both of his fists in the air and gave us a bright smile. He was able to stay up for more than 20 seconds without falling. Eren then looked at me, I smiled and winked at him just like before. It was actually scary how Mikasa looked at me.