Chapter 6 Trick Tower

Începe de la început

Leorio's chuckle halted and in turn his lips closed. Awaiting for his speech, she didn't expect to be apologized.

"I'm sorry."

Her eyes widen at seeing him smile, one that of calm and serene she hadn't seen him wear before. She was taken aback at this. It was as if he had given up of something and that unsettled her.

He took a deep breath, "I- may not know of everything about you, and there might be a chance you might not ever see me as your big brother. But that does not change I consider you as my little sister. So whatever troubles you in the future, come to me."

She raised a questioning brow.

"I'll always be your big brother, and I'll make sure to be there for you."

Wonder played over the lighten eyes of the young girl. A warm overflowing invasion stirred her inside, her heart seemingly to have soar in the sky. She doesn't know of the reason why he was telling this to him. However, what bothered the girl was how Leorio had assumed she does not consider him as her brother- related or not. Perhaps it may be connected to why he was avoiding her yesterday- or it might not- but she was sure it did.

She may not know of why Leorio came to think of it that way, but she was damn sure to proclaim clear of any kind of misunderstanding that brought such insecurity and doubt over to his big brother. And this angered her.

Her brow narrowed, "Onii-san." Her voice were strained in an unusual twinge.

"What's wrong?"

She bit her lower lip, "Was this about why you were avoiding me yesterday?"

"A-AvoiDing?!" Leorio's voice went to a higher pitch at being found out. "I- No! I wouldn't do that!" His denial however only proven the girl's suspicious.

'So he was really avoiding me...'

"Uso damedayo."

"Lying is kind of- it's not like I was- but-"

"But what?! You were still avoiding me and I-" She clench her chest, "It's weird... Yesterday you started ignoring me and now you just suddenly appear out of nowhere, say that you'll always be my big brother and be there for me, yet you tell me that I may not see you as my big brother? That does not add up! To- to anything or- and unless something happened yesterday that made you think that way and I- And I don't even know what it was..." Her voice broke.

And at her strained voice, shock- guilt immediately found their way inside of Leorio's heart.  

"D-Did I do something wrong...? Did I said something you didn't like? Is that why?"

"N-No, it's nothing like-"

"If so- I'm sorry... Please forgive me..." Her eyes blurred at staring the floor, her back hunched from clenching her breaking heart. "I'm sorry..." 

"No-" He whispered. He gritted his teeth, "Don't apologize!" Leorio yelled, "You shouldn't- Why would you- It should be me who's apologizing to you." He bowed his head, "I'm sorry... You didn't do anything neither did you said something wrong. It isn't your fault. Everything is all my fault."

She sniffled, "Then tell me... at least tell me why were you avoiding me."

Leorio seems to hesitate at that part as he stuttered, "I- I- it's just-" He sigh in resignment. He look up at her.

"The truth is I- I don't feel like any of like a brother. But it's not like I don't see you as my little sister. In fact, I'm more than happy to have you as my little sister..." He quieten. "It's just that, I know nothing about you. Hell I don't even know your name, or- or any of your likes or your dislikes. I don't know any of them.... And that enough disqualifies me as a brother to any!"