9. Operation: Encore

Start from the beginning

“We’ll give it a try. But hey Oli.” I looked at John.

“Yes?”

“Could you keep this on the low. No one knows about us and we want to tell Sarah and Judy when we’re absolutely sure.”

“Of course. Now go. This night isn’t lasting forever.” John gave me a pat on the back. Jackie mouthed ‘Thank you’ to me as she walked after John. Oh God, they just held hands. I ship!

What was I doing again? Oh right! I ascended the stairs more until I reached the top. Here I was. Back in the old spot I was when I first met Ace. I watched on as people danced. People moved with each other. They kissed and drank and sang. No one here knows that I’m waiting for my man to find me. 

Looking down, I almost feel like God. I can see every person’s movements and what they do. I judge them. But then I remember that I too am flawed. I can’t judge others because I have made mistakes myself. 

Philosophical Oliver, shut up! You’re here to find Ace and unmask him. It’s about 8 o’clock right now. Last time I met Ace, it was about 10 or 11. I’ve got about two hours to spend. I think Ace will be waiting for me at that time. Everything about this feels like deja vu.

I went down the stairs. I just want to walk around. I haven’t been around the house before. I’ve only been to the foyer and that one wing of the house Ace led me through. The house was nice. Paintings filled the hallways. Marble walls and floors. People were in every corner dancing and talking.

 I passed by Judy and Timothy who were dancing together. Timothy whispered something in Judy’s ear and she giggled. She in turn said something in Tim’s ear and he laughed. They swished to the beat in sync.

I passed by Sarah who was with Marcus. They held hands and were by the karaoke machine. They sang ‘Ain't No Mountain High Enough’ with Marcus doing Marvin Gaye’s part and Sarah doing Tammi Terrel’s part.

I passed by John and Jackie who giggled. They kissed as if they’ve finally discovered their love for one another. John leaned in and kissed Jackie. Jackie blushed and lightly hit John. John pretended it was the hardest hit and over exaggerated it. Jackie laughed at John’s goofiness.

I passed by Luis who had his arms over Alex’s head. Alex looked at Luis like he was going to strike soon. Luis stared into Alex’s eyes, full of lust and love. Most definitely something will be happening with those two. 

I passed and walked and wondered. I want what they have. Someone to hold hands with. Someone to laugh with. Someone to kiss and them to kiss me. That’s why I’m here. To find Ace and to find out who he is. I want to hold his hand and kiss him and laugh with him. 

Deciding I had enough seeing people happy, I walked back to the foyer. Walking around killed about an hour and a half. An hour and a half of me moping around being sad. I walked through the house. I think I got lost but followed the sound of people dancing. I climbed the stairs again and reached the top. I perched on the balcony and looked down again.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow. I smiled. ‘Found you.’ I said in my head. I felt his presence get closer to me and my heart beat faster. I pretended I didn’t see or feel him. I continued to look down and watch people. But I wasn’t focused on the people below. My mind raced at the thought of Ace behind me.

I felt two hands grab my hips. I sighed and turned around. There he was in all his glory. His green eyes pierced me and his lips plump. He watched me.

“Hello you.” He said in his raspy sexy voice. God take me now!

“Nice to see you again.” I said. I didn’t want to sound too excited. Therefore I said it in a normal voice. But there wasn’t anything normal about this.

“What’s wrong? Aren’t you excited to see me after so long?” I laughed and he chuckled slowly. 

“Of course I am. I missed you.” 

“Well, I’m here now. Follow me.” He held his hand out for me. I took it too eagerly but I don’t think he minded. He gave my hand a hard squeeze as if to say he never wants to let go.

Just like last time, he led me through the halls. The deeper into the house we went, the quieter it got. Soon, the music was muffled and all that was heard was our footsteps. The hallway was just like last time, having the same nightly glow to it. We reached the same doors that we entered through last time. He opened the gates to heaven and I walked in. I looked around the room and heard the door close behind me. I turned and met Ace’s green eyes.

“So, we’re here again.” he said to me.

“Hmm, I guess we are.”

“Shall we continue what we did last time?” He asked as he got closer to me.

I stood there and watched as his body moved closer. I say the outline of his muscles through the clothes he wore. I noticed his clothes. A black tux with a black tie. White under shirt. His tie has a small ace of spades design. His mask also had an ace of spades shape. What’s the deal with the ace sign. His mask, tie, and tattoo. 

He reached for me and put his hand over my hip. He pulled me closer. I stared at him and he stared at me back. His fingers on my hip moved and soothe me. His other hand went towards my face and touched my cheek. He bit his lip and licked them.

He leaned in and so did I. I felt his breath on my mouth. I smelled his minty breath. Nice! He got closer and soon we kissed. Our mouths danced with one another. His tongue entered my mouth and they swirled together. His tongue dominated mine and I let him control everything. We made out for a while before he pulled his tongue out.

His hands went to the back of my head and untangled my mask string. My mask fell off and hit the floor. I felt exposed but then I remembered this man has already seen my naked. He moved his head onto my neck. I felt small sucks on my skin. He gave me love bites. They hurt a little but then felt good again.

“Ya know, I’ve been looking for you since we last saw each other.”

“I know, I’ve been watching you.”

“How long have you been watching me?” I asked out of curiosity.

“Mmm, about a year.” He said nonchalantly.

“A YEAR?!” 

“Yes. I’ve always wanted you.” He stopped kissing me. 

I looked up at him and we made eye contact. I was curious. I held my hands up and touched his face. I felt his stubble on his chin. His cheek and sharp jawline were warm to the touch. He looked at me as if to tell me it’s okay to touch him. I moved my hands to touch his hair. His oh-so-soft brown hair. I ran my hands through it. He sighed in content.

IDEA!

Both my hands made their way to the back of his head. His eyes widened but didn’t refuse my hands. My other hand made its way to the back of his head. My fingers played with the string of his mask. The string in between my fingers feeling the soft texture. I pulled on the string slowly. He watched me. 

Slowly the string unraveled. It was loose all of a sudden and then I pulled off his mask. It slipped down like a big reveal. And then there was his face. I looked at him closely, his features becoming more prominent with the absence of his mask. He looked more handsome.

At first, it took me a while to figure out who he was. He was cute, that's for sure. Actually he was Godly. His face and body were sculpted by the hands of heaven. And then the realization hit me. I knew exactly who this guy was.

“JACE?!?”

wow that was anticlimatic. sorry :)