Chapter 20 ~Strength*

Comenzar desde el principio

She didn't feel it until she heard the voices closer than before.

"You think she's stupid enough to come back here? She's clever. She acts weak Pan, but you have to realize it's just the way she plays her game." Her game. Hook's words shocked her. It made her sound like a weapon. A prize.

All her life she had always wanted to know the games people played in their head. She wanted to know what they wanted with her. If she was just a puzzle piece to them, she wanted to know what was so important about her role. Wendy always wanted to know people's motives. She never knew that she had one. It made her happy that she could be seen as a threat. She never thought she could have one.

She opened her eyes and realized her body had left the water. She wasn't flying, just levitating. It was enough to surprise her. She started descending and panicked, Wendy looked up to see how far she was from reaching Hook and Pan. She was only five feet away from reaching the edge of the ship. She fought to keep control. She begged herself not to let herself fall into the ocean. The Lost Boys would get her.

"I know her more than you do. She may hate me now, but it doesn't change that." Pan growled. Wendy marveled the possessiveness in his voice. Why, after all this time, did that seem to stump her. Why was she worth all the trouble of war in the first place?

"She's a smart one, she doesn't fall for your traps."

"Oh, she did. Before you brainwashed her into thinking every action I've ever done had an ulterior motive." Pan was getting more and more angry with Hook. Captain Jones had a way with words, sometimes it worked for him, other times....

"Why are you trying so hard to get her back? How is a frail girl from the human realm such a concern to you?" No matter how bad Wendy wanted to hear the answer she knew that that might be Killian's last question.

She focused to the point where beads of sweat appeared on her forehead.

"Come on, come on." She whispered fearfully looking over her shoulder at the Lost Boys. She started to rise. Inch by inch. Her anxiousness became her own torture.

"Why not answer the question, mate?"

Aw, shut up Hook!!! Why are you making a rescue mission on your behalf so damned impossible?! Wendy thought as she stretched her arm as much as it could go. Her fingers just barley brushed the edge if the ship. Just a little bit closer.

"No, it couldn't be." Hook gasped in surprise. Wendy froze in anticipation. She wanted to know. She just wanted to know the reason to all the chaos of Pan. Why her? "But Peter Pan cannot lo-"

"Why don't I kill you right here and then turn this ship upside down until I find her?" Panic made Wendy's blood freeze.

"BOYS!!!" That was the signal. The Lost Boys started climbing up the ship.

"No! No!" Wendy's cries weren't heard over the battle cries of the Lost Boys. She wasn't going to make it. She gripped the ship's edge and pictured Hook dead. Just as she hoped it would, she was able to grip the edge with two hands. She kicked her feet against the ship to give herself a boost and pulled herself up.

She was met by the sight of Lost Boys charging at Hook. Hook was winning, at the moment. Three Lost Boys ran at him. The one charged at Hook's right. He quickly sidestepped him and butted him in the back with his sword handle causing him to go down. The second boy went to strike low to his feet. Hook jumped and kicked in the air at the boy's shoulder. The Lost Boy went spiraling to the other side of the ship.

The third Lost Boy was Felix. He expertly maneuvered through the chaos of thrown Lost Boys. He barreled at Hook sword first. Hook seemed surprised when he saw Felix. It wasn't the fact that the Lost Boy was a more experienced fighter, but because he knew him. Wendy noticed the bead of sweat on Hook's forehead. She saw Felix smile in satisfaction. Hook's guard tightened. He hardly had time to knock the other Lost Boys out if the way before Felix could strike at him again.