05 - lucky

YOU PLACED A HAND over your eyes to shield them from the scorching sun. was it really a good day to be out training on the beach? the coach called it a great way to build muscle, as the sand makes it difficult to run and dribble. "y/n." wakamatsu called on you for no reason, taking his water bottle out of your bag.

you wore a shirt over your bikini because wearing a bikini in front of a bikini-wearing momoi is like bragging to a president of a country that you were once president of a school club. "fuck aomine's going at it." wakamatsu whispered mid-drink, being on the opposing team from aomine. and he was right, aomine was certainly 'going at it'. it was just a training match, yet he put his all in it; something he wouldn't have done a month ago.

he had this easy look on his face while playing but his playing wasn't 'easy' at all. you even kinda felt bad for the other team. they were panting, trying to catch up with him. "coach," you started. "i think it's time for a break." you said, mostly because the other players were almost to collapse.

the coach looked at you for a second before nodding slightly. "10 minute break, everyone!" the coach shouted to the members. some of the players heaved a sigh of relief, while the person being the cause of that just walked right to you.

you handed him his towel to which he used to wipe the sweat off of his forehead and sat next to you. you handed the bag full of water bottles over to satsuki while you taped most of the players' legs up. until you reached the one and only, aomine. "tape?" you said with a blank stare.

he looked at you for a full second before patting his right leg, stretching his arms in the process. you let out a sigh and sat down on the hot sand again, placing your hand just above his knee where it was cramping.

you taped away but noticed aomine's eyes glaring at someone else. not a touou member but a random guy for some reason. aomine was drinking his water to what seemed peaceful but the intense glare still remained. "who's dying today?" you asked, not expecting an answer from him anyway.

and yeah he didn't answer, he just kept on glaring at this person who you didn't recognize at all. his jaw clenching in anger, for some reason. "hey, cinderella?" he called, so you hummed as a response but you were concentrating on "healing" his cramp. "do you know a thing or two about creeps?"

you squinted your eyes since it came from the biggest pervert himself. "you?" you asked and laughed slightly, but he just deadpanned you. "is it that guy?" you asked and looked back, still holding the tape on him. "i saw him glancing at satsuki earlier."

you turned forward to finish off taping his knee but, you realized that your eyes caught a red head of hair similar to one of aomine's greatest rivals. and from the looks of it aomine did too. you gasped placing two hands over your mouth.

"no." aomine warned,

"yes."

"no."

"yes."

"no."

"yes."

"no."

"that's seirin! training with them will help the team improve greatly!" you said in excitement but aomine shook his head as a no repeatedly and then leaned back in exhaustion. "cinderella, seirin is my nightmare. they're exhausting." aomine admitted.

"that's like the whole point." you stood up, placing the tape back into your bag while your hand still remained at your hip. "you guys bring out the best in eachother."

aomine grimaced. "bring out the be-- we're not a fucking couple, cinderella." he crossed his arms and said it in a 'are you an idiot' tone.

"well, you might as well be." you mocked him so he rolled his eyes. you sighed loudly, "fine. i'll tell the coach to sub you out if seirin agrees. is that what you want?"

"fuck yeah." he nodded so you walked over to the coach, aomine watching as you do. but then he noticed a guy looking at you. he was probably in his mid-30's. aomine shot him a subtle glare while leaning his head back on the lounge chair.

it's not that he doesn't want him to look at you, it's just creepy when that old hag does it. or so he thought.

you came back with a pleased smile and sat next to aomine. he clicked his tongue, thinking you had put him back in that unplanned practice match with seirin."you're not gonna play." you assured him. "imayoshi's going to sweet-talk seirin into playing with us. well, us." you pointed at the people still on the court. your curiosity got the best of you, "why don't you want to play with seirin? i thought you and kagami had great chemistry, sad it didn't work out."

aomine shook his head at how it sounded like you were talking about a couple. "they're so annoying." he expressed with a blank stare. "and dramatic." "they take everything i say as some sort of fight."

you watched as he squinted his eyes from that horrid sun. "don't you do the same? you literally always say 'are you trying to pick a fight, asshole?' " you copied his words in a high pitch tone even though his voice is far from high-pitched.

"i don't sound like that." he said with squinted eyes. aomine shifted in his seat, "and i've only ever said that to that whiny bitch." he insulted wakamatsu while pointing at you in accusation.

"oh, come on," you rolled your eyes and sat up, noticing imayoshi walking from a distance. "just admit that they know how to play." and then you noticed the familiar faces of seirin. "speaking of they, they're here."

aomine turned to look at them and you already were, both with very different expressions. one of evident anger and one of enticement. aomine noticed that and gave you a side glare. "oh, don't drool."

your face cringed at that and turned forward since aomine ruined seirin's arrival for you. "sad, aren't we?" you attempted to pat his shoulder but accidentally patted his face instead. you didn't care either way.

but aomine, on the hand,'s anger was building up by the second as he clenched his jaw. "say that one more fucking time." he said in a warning tone, tilting his head towards you. and you had regretted saying those words almost instantly. you looked away and pursed your lips.

and when he noticed your silence he turned forward again, a smirk painting his face in pride. "i said 'sad, aren't we?' " you turned towards him cheekily and then you felt a subtle kick to your leg. you laughed slightly, "you've gone soft, ace." you said with a grin.

aomine squinted his eyes and tilted his head. "soft? really?" he practically mocked you without even saying anything too boisterous. i mean, he just kicked you and you called him soft.

"yeah," you kept that grin but it was slightly not that bright. "if i said that to the former aomine daiki i would have been buried 6 feet under."

he widened his eyes at the sudden mention of his full name, but eased into it a second later. "maybe you're just lucky." he told you to which you rolled your eyes to.

"aomine?" a person called with a hint of competitiveness in his voice. aomine practically knew who it was without even looking at them but you had to take a glance. it was the great kagami, standing with a ball in his hand. "you're not playing? why?"

aomine's eyes fell narrow, clenching his jaw once again. "none of your fucking business." he bluntly said, his arms still crossed.

you looked at kagami, crossing your arms too. "i'll tell you why." you said with a soft tone while aomine sighed loudly, expecting what was yet to come. "because he's scared shitless."

and another kick to your leg. "yeah, i beg to differ." he said, kicking your leg over and over again.

you smiled at kagami widely while aomine showed you in many ways that he was angry at you. "hi, i'm y/n." you said in a cheery tone to kagami.

kagami scratched his nape and smiled (kinda) too. "kagami."