04 - distraction

"AND WITH THAT, you just have to multiply it with two and there's your answer." your teacher wrote all over the blackboard. you forgot to listen to the first half of the question, and it was probably because of the eyes boring at your back. you ignored whoever it was but just by ignoring them, your mind clouded with thoughts about the person you were supposed to be ignoring.

..until you felt a kick to your shin. and you immediately knew whose legs were long enough to reach you. "jackass." you whispered and that cost you another kick. you stretched your arms, not because you wanted to, and flipped him off subtly.

"classy." aomine whispered back to you. you guys only had math class together and you used that precious time to bother one another... for no reason whatsoever.

the teacher droned on and on about whatever and you weren't able to focus from that one hell of a distraction poking his fingers at your shoulder. "..you should hand those over to me by tuesday." your teacher clarified. what's those? you asked yourself in confusion. you blame the ace behind you. "class dismissed."

chaos reigned in the classroom, your classmates picking and choosing from the bunch of people as friends. whereas you sat sighing about the enormous amount of information you missed in this lesson. "cinderella?" he leaned forward. "what class do you have now?"

you felt his cold breath at your nape. your brows knitted in confusion, turning your head towards him. "lunch, dumbass." you shrugged your shoulders upward at his general idiocy.

"then who are you going to be sitting with?" aomine now asked you, changing his last question. here's the thing, you and aomine are friends with the same group of people. and irritate them if you guys bicker. choosing who's going to sit with who is the obvious best option.

you thought for a second before answering with, "satsuki."

he was evidently conflicted with that choice. "i'm gonna hang with satsuki." aomine argued.

you sighed to show your annoyance and rolled your eyes. "fine then. i'll sit with sakurai." you comprimised.

aomine stood up, stretching his arms. as you stood up too with him, gathering all your stuff. "you have friends? and i thought you were lonely." he dropped his arm to his side while his other hand scratched his head of hair.

"awhhh." you expressed sarcastically, your eyes fluttering in agony. "stop complimenting me, ace, i'm flustered." you lied through your teeth.

you loathed his existence and so did he with you. but his was a bit more strange. it somehow wasn't that you annoyed him with your replies to his irritating remarks, it was your utter existence. just by being there you allow him to feel something he's never felt which he hated. and it wasn't love or any of that nonsense, it was something else.

aomine pushed down the door to the cafeteria and made his way over to the pink-haired girl with wide eyes. he had a bag full of trashy magazines slung over his shoulder with people watching him, mouth agape. "satsuki." he called and sat in the chair opposite of her. "what did you bring for lunch today?"

satsuki, her eyes still wide open, pointed at the bag of pretzels. "pretzels." she answered his question in shock.

aomine sighed. "that's so lame, satsuki." ignoring the stares, aomine pulled out the magazines and placed them on the table.

"dai-chan." satsuki started, "if you're here at lunch right now, that must mean you actually attended a class before." so aomine nodded. see, if aomine attended a class and then left to the rooftop, teachers would bitch about it, call his mom, and then whine about his problems. and he really didn't want to disappoint his mom even more. "oh my god! what class?!"

"math." aomine flipped the page of the magazine casually, as if he wasn't in school right now.

satsuki furrowed her eyebrows and that once excited expression changed into a confused one. ".. but you hate math?" she asked and tilted her head.

he looked up at her with just his eyes but then it landed on the empty spot at the table next to them. sakurai and a whole bunch of touou's members sat in those seats except for one empty spot, yours. "yeah." he fixated his attention to the magazine before a picture of what he referred to as filth showed up. "ew, kise was just pronounced as the hottest basketball player in japan. no wonder they're called trashy magazines."

"i don't know." a familiar, yet not familiar in this conversation, voice joined in. "i think kise's a pretty good player. right, satsuki?"

satsuki let out a slight laugh and nodded with a hum in her tone. it was you, sitting next to satsuki, going to leave in an instant. "i don't know, cinderella. if the shoe fits, am i right?" he said without lifting his head.

you bit your lip and smiled in anger. and then ran your hand harshly along your temples. "i can't believe i talked to you twice this morning." you sighed. "i guess my luck ran out pretty early today."

satsuki tilted her head at that information. "twice? it's 10 am in the morning. when did you guys talk before?" she asked smiling to both you and aomine, oblivious of the truth.

"we had math class together." you explained to her.

satsuki's chest rose up, trying not to let a gasp slip out. aomine, on the other hand, didn't know what all the fuss was about. "oh." satsuki let out nonchalantly. "that's fun." she looked back at aomine with wide eyes.. again. but this time she found out something he didn't even realize yet.

"what do you want? just spit it out, already." he rushed you to leave.

you rolled your eyes subtly. "the coach just wanted me to remind you guys that we're going to train out on the beach this thursday." you reminded them, so that he doesn't forget again.

"this guy finds new ways to torture me everyday." aomine leaned back and covered his eyes in annoyance.

satsuki smiled politely to you. "he'll be there. don't worry, y/n." she said, still in obvious shock.

you stood up with your hands on the table. "he better." you said, walking over to the table next to them. you sat next to sakurai happily even though you were just angry at that idiot.

"oh my god." satsuki let out as she placed her hands on her mouth. "oh.my.god. oh my god."

he looked at her with squinted eyes, trying to figure out why she's acting like this. "what are you oh my god-ing about?" aomine asked, completely unaware.

satsuki looked back at him with her hands still over her mouth in shock. he really doesn't know? she dropped her hands and placed them on her lap. she wanted to tell him. so so bad. but she couldn't. "nothing."