[03] bare-su(perman)

Start from the beginning

"You're right, let's leave." He stands up, taking me with him.

His hands are still shaking, but at least he's trying his best to control himself.

I turn to face the two strangers.

"Come with us." I urge them.

They walk towards us, and when we turn to leave, Gwi-Nam speaks.

"I wonder what people will say when they see your pictures."

I whip my head to glare at Gwi-Nam. Su-Hyeok tightens his grip on my hand.

"If we don't do what they say, it'll only be worse tomorrow." The girl beside me says in a soft voice.

She turns back to Gwi-Nam and his group, the boy following closely behind her.

"Can't save them all, I guess." Gwi-Nam sneers. "I'll get you next time, love."

Su-Hyeok protectively wraps an arm around me. "As if you'll be able to get pass me."

Gwi-Nam smirks in amusement. "Looks like Superman has a kryptonite after all."

I furrow my brows in confusion. Before I can piece together what he said, Su-Hyeok gently urges me to turn around. "Let's go."

It was silent on the way back. Gwi-Nam always has that effect on me. I despise him with every fiber of my being.

Su-Hyeok seems to get it, since he doesn't utter a single word on our way back.

"Su-Hyeok-ah," I begin. "Please don't go near them ever again."

Su-Hyeok forces a smile. "You know I can't do that, Na-Ri. I have to stop them."

"You don't have to." I scoff. "You just want to."

He looks down in defeat.

"Just... just promise me you'll leave if they start to get violent, okay?"

He nods, smile genuine this time.

"I hate seeing you hurt." I continue. "I hate seeing any of you get hurt. You, On-Jo, I-Sak, Gyeong-Su, Wu-Jin... even stupid Cheong-San."

I fail to notice his smile falter at the mention of Cheong-San.

He pats my shoulder. "I promise I'll take care of myself."

I nod, somewhat relieved.

"Na-Ri, Su-Hyeok."

We both turn to see On-Jo standing a few steps behind us.

"On-Jo! Glad you made it."

She rolls her eyes at me playfully. "No thanks to Cheong-San. You didn't even stop him!"

"Hey, I tried." I raise my hands up in defeat. "You know that boy never listens to me."

"He'll do whatever it takes to keep your attention, even if it means not listening to you." On-Jo teases.

I clear my throat, motioning towards Su-Hyeok who seems a bit distracted.

"Ah, I'll go first." I announce, winking at On-Jo.

She looks down, flustered.

"What? Let's walk together." Su-Hyeok says, grabbing my arm.

"I have to stop by the restroom real quick. Seeing Gwi-Nam made me want to shit myself." I laugh.

"How ladylike of you." On-Jo chuckles.

"Always." I curtsey. "See you guys later!"

Before Su-Hyeok can say anything else, I speed walk away from them, giving On-Jo the opportunity to confess.