"I've missed you so much." As she pulls away , you deny the break of contact and yank her in for yet another hug. It feels like you can breathe properly once again , having suffocated for a long time until your body met with your best friend's embrace once again.

Light hearted giggles were exchanged. You made sure to admire her differentiating features once you pulled away , a hand still resting at her shoulder as an inspective stare grazed over those grown details. Her hair had gotten shorter and tugged back into a ponytail , bangs no longer obscured the sight of pools of hazelnut.

"You should have let me and Jean pick you up ! Could've paid Mcdonald's a visit for old times sake."
You shook your head , waving off the generous offer. "I needed the drive anyway ! Come on , where's everyone?"

Slender digits laced around your wrist before you were immediately dragged into the open space and the ocean of college students. Everyone hung out in groups or pairs littered across the vast yard , tables were set up to the side to provide refreshments and ... a shit load of bottles. A couch that was almost rotten to the core contained five people mounted atop one another , synchronizing their exhales of the thick smoke. Such a place known for it's dead habits was brought to life on this very night.

A loud roar cut through your throats , alertful eyes snapping towards the source only to reveal one man. Connie Springer. That slight gape in your mouth twisted to a teethy grin , you weren't surprised with how long you knew Connie. Sober him was one thing , but drunk Connie was someone else.

A laugh of surprise came out with the gasp. "He's drunk , isn't he?"

"Wasted ! Said he wanted to try and black out tonight."

"Seriously? Why?" It wasn't much of a surprising fact , Connie had always been a spontaneous being.

"Tradition ! We get shit-faced before the first week of college."

A part of you felt disheartened at the reminder of your absence. You hadn't been around to experience the creation of such traditions ... you hadn't been around to watch Sasha grow up , or Connie's personality to increase with fury.

Luckily , Connie balanced on the flat table , elevating himself among the crowd of boys that surrounded him. Some cheered , others extended their hands to steady him. A mix of wildlife and cautiousness.

"Get down , dumbass !" There was one voice ... a one of a kind that would nail such a perfect insult in the tone you were used to. Your heart fluttered at the recognition , an electric shock sprinted up your spine and sent the gush of memories that infiltrated your brain.

You couldn't have recognised him from far away , not when his hair had grown out to tickle just at the nape of his neck , inked with a foreign black. Jean Kirstein had always been tall but as you slowly approached the huddled testosterone , you realized that he only grew taller ... unless you had shrunk.

Too distracted to take notice of your presence , you were quite thankful for the opportunity to pat off the flush in your features. Despite it being normal , you weren't so welcoming to the act ... not now at least.

"That's ... ?"

But frankly the answer was rather unneeded , seeming how Connie's actions supplied it. Extending a digit to target the one and only foreign guest of the party ... you. "Holy shit! It's –" Eyes followed his finger's direction at the voicing of your name , heads turning and soon enough the one head you didn't want to turn just yet opposed your wishes. "What the fuck?!" Connie's laughter echoed in the background , crawling off the table to push through the crowd and get to you in an instant.