explanation !

thanks for finishing reading matryoshka !

i can't believe i finished this book less than 2 days, lol.

here's a short summary of what happened if the story is still confusing to you :>

      y/n was always in a mental hospital for their condition until they then decided to escape, the hospital was away from the main city, far into the woods, which then made y/n lose her way to meet with thorn. a child who also ran away from the hospital a long time ago, which explains why his uniform looks so dirty and old.

       what y/n didn't know is that thorn is a ghost, he had died in the cold nights and couldn't leave the forest at all.

       he then haunts children who ran away for the hospital by playing games with the only toy that he was left with, matryoshka dolls. 

        along with the toy, he first lures them into his trap, however, thorn felt different for you and wanted you to live on.

       therefore, he then guided you back to the hospital.

       10 years later you came back into the forest in hopes of meeting thorn and returning the dolls. once you've met him, yaya then breaks you the reality that thorn isn't real. he's a ghost.

nonetheless, thanks for reading !