LoreKi AU: "You And I, Become One" (V-Day Entry)

Magsimula sa umpisa

A familiar tune engulfed in the venue, the same song which Loki and I danced in the prom. I requested this song as my wedding entrance, since it holds a precious memory of me with Loki.

(You can Play the tiktok video of “Its you” wedding entrance sample on my tweet post on @/CattyLaFea)

Slowly, I walk down the aisles with Tita Martha beside me, I don’t have my parents who will walk with me, so, I chose Tita Martha. She’s my only family and now I’m going to have my own family.

The nervousness that I felt earlier replaced by an unexplainable happiness when I met Loki’s eyes. I automatically smiled by the sight of him. He’s on the verge of crying, I’ve seen him cried a lot if times already but this one I know it’s a tears-of-joy.

Loki approached Tita Martha and hugged her, I noticed that Loki whispered something to her that made her smile. Humarap sa ’kin si Tita Martha at hinawakan ang kamay ko, kahit siya ay umiiyak na din. She gave me a warmed hug, smiled at me then handed my hand to Loki.

Loki held my hand and helped me ascend in the platform, we sat together in front of the officiant while still holding each other hands.

The opening marks started as well as the invocation. I tried to listen to it pero hindi ko mapigilang tumingin kay Loki na nasa tabi ko. I just can’t believe that we’re getting married, I feel like I’m just dreaming. He turned his gaze at me and smiled, he even squeezed my hand.

So, its really true? I’m not dreaming.

We stood up for the exchange of wedding vows, we stood face to face. They handed the microphone to Loki and he accepted it. He breathed deeply before looking straight at me.

“I didn’t prepared a wedding vows, I just wanted to say directly what I want to say.”

“First of all, I wanted to say thank you for coming into my life. I never know that someone will manage to stay beside me despite of my personality, but you did. Other people says that I’m cursed and anyone will be at harm if they stick to me. But you still stayed, we  faced a lot of problems and solved a lot of cased together. Its nice coping up with someone with the same interest with me.”

“I admit that I’m immature, reckless and insensitive when I was high school. But you changed me Lorelei, you made me into a better man. As the days and months passed by, I realized that what I feel for you isn’t the same anymore, I thought its weird but I realized it’s a sign that I’m starting to like you. You don’t know how nervous and scared I am when I confessed to you. But it turned out, we have the same feelings and I’m so happy that time, until now.”

I carefully wiped the side of my eyes, I can’t help but feel touched by his words. I’m getting emotional.

“I made you cried a lot of times already and I’m sorry for that. I can’t promise that I will never let you cry again, but I promise that I will be with you forever. I promise that I will take care of you, until the two of us have gray hair, until the two of us have wrinkles. Until the two of us die together. I want and will grow old with you Lorelei Rios. My one and only love.” He smiled genuinely and wiped my tears.

I took the mic from him, I also didn’t prepare a wedding vows although I tried to write one but I don’t know what to say. So, same as him, I wanted to say what comes up in my mind right now.

“I also wanted to thank you Loki for coming into my life. You may have a different perspective than other people but you are, yourself, being different is what I love from you. You may look tough, you may look insensitive but I know deep inside there still a good in you and I witnessed that.”

“I thought we’ll only be just flatmates and a club mates. But we became more than that, starting as a roommate, a friend into lover, and now as a married couple. Thank you for being there for me too, for making me happy, for loving me. I also promise that I’ll live with you forever, despite everything. I promise that we’ll face our problems together. I’ll take care of you and our children, I promise that I will always love you and cherish you till death do us part. I want and I will grow old with you too, Louis Kingsley Mendez. My detective, and my only love.”

We stood in front of the officiant again for the declaration of intent. “Louis Kingsley Mendez and Lorelei Rios will mark their transition as a couple not only by celebrating the love between themselves, but by also celebrating the love between all of us—including the love of their parents, siblings, extended family, and best friends. Without that love, today would be far less joyous.”

“I ask you to state your intentions: Do you Louis Kingsley Mendez take Lorelei Rios to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto her for as long as you both shall live?” the officiant asked.

Loki who’s holding my hand turned at me, “I do” he answered. We heard the crowd applauded.

“Do you Lorelei Rios take Louis Kingsley Mendez to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto him for as long as you both shall live?”

I also turned my head to Loki before answering, “I do” another applause engulfed.

A cute child—the ring bearer—walked in our direction to give us the ring.

“A ring is an unbroken circle, with ends that have been joined together, and it represents your union. It is a symbol of infinity, and of your infinite love. When you look at these rings on your hands, be reminded of this moment, your commitment, and the love you now feel for each other. As you place this ring on Lorelei’s finger, please repeat after me.” The officiant said to Loki.

Loki held my hand as he slowly placed the ring on my finger, “With this ring I, Louis Kingsley Mendez, take you, Lorelei Rios, to be no other than yourself. Loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know, I will respect your integrity and have faith in your abiding love for me, through all our years, and in all that life may bring us.”

I took the ring and held Loki’s hand, “With this ring I, Lorelei Rios, take you, Louis Kingsley Mendez, to be no other than yourself. Loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know, I will respect your integrity and have faith in your abiding love for me, through all our years, and in all that life may bring us.”

“Before these witnesses, you have pledged to be joined in marriage. You have now sealed this pledge with your wedding rings. By the authority vested in me by the Republic of the Philippines, I now pronounce you married! I ask you now to seal the promises you have made with each other this day with a kiss. You may now kiss the bride.” The officiant announced.

Loki draw close to me still holding my two hands, I can hear the audience shouting “Kiss!” and Jamie’s voice was louder.

“Remember when we’re drinking together at your unit? I said, How about first kiss as a married couple? I may be drunk that night but I’m serious Lorelei and now we’re doing it. Our first kiss, you as my wife and me as your husband. I love you Lorelei Rios-Mendez.” Loki cupped my face and gently kissed my lips.

゚。・*.゚☆✿◕ᴗ◕✿☆゚.*・。゚