I suck an annoyed breath in through my teeth. Do I even want to deal with this? Taylor tried to warn me about her from the start, but I was so obsessed with her fake boobs and mind-blowing blowjobs that I tried to ignore her crazy side. But she was uber jealous and super clingy and it got to the point that fantastic sex with her wasn't worth it. I run an annoyed hand down my face and then text: 

I'm sorry you feel like I strung you along. That wasn't my intention. My focus is still on school and I was honest when I told you I didn't have feelings for Lucy. But things changed and I decided that I did want to pursue her. I'm sorry if I hurt you.

I hope I defused her bomb by apologizing and this can be the end of it. I drop my phone on my dresser then rifle through my closet to find a new shirt. After I tug on a black plain tee, I see my phone light up and swipe it back up. 

Keeley Thomas: When did you figure out you had feelings for that bitch?

That comment has me grinding my teeth.

I figured out I had feelings for LUCY right before she moved to New York. 

After New Year's and after Mexico. 

Keeley Thomas: So before Taylor's birthday then? You were already into her at his party then?

I'm so annoyed with her that I just continue being honest. She's already at a hundred and my apology did nothing to calm her down. 

Yes. 

Keeley Thomas: So you were into another girl when I sucked you off in the bathroom? You weren't into me when I let you fuck me in the ass in Taylor's basement?  You were into another girl when I asked you if we were in a relationship the next day and you said you don't do relationships? Fuck you, Jack Dalton. Fuck you!!

I toss my phone onto my bed like it stung my hand. I am not doing this with her. She just wants to be mad and make me feel like a fucking asshole. I tried so hard to focus on the blonde bombshell that was obsessed with me but my head was so fucked up at that time. Fischer begged me to continue seeing Keeley because he was doing business with her brother, but I had to break things off after Taylor's party. I tried everything I could possibly do to get my dick interested again and it just wasn't into her at all anymore. I should have just told her instead of feeding her a list of bullshit excuses as to why I couldn't meet up with her anymore. I hear my phone buzz and I assume it's going to be more crudeness from Keeley. I almost don't look but I slide the phone toward me. I see it's my dad and sigh out in relief. 

Dad: SF Client wants to meet Monday. You good if I book us tickets out late Sunday night?

Sounds good. Just a daytrip? 

Dad: Daytrip. I have too many meetings on Tues. 

Perf. Text me deets.

You'll get compensated for your time too. 

I text him back a thumbs up and my mood went from pissed the fuck off to excited as shit in under five minutes. I decide to let Keeley's drama roll off my back and focus on the evening with Lucy, Stella and Fischer. There is nothing I could say that would appease her anyway. I apologized and meant it. I am done. I tuck my phone into my pocket and yank my door open. I wander into the hall and am surprised to see Lucy standing in the kitchen. 

"Thought you'd still be getting ready," I tell her and she's wearing an odd expression. She almost looks pale. She blinks like she just realized I spoke to her. 

"Um, yeah I can be ready. You good?" She asks me and I can't read her tone. I nod but she just stays put in the kitchen. 

"Yeah, my dad just texted me to let me know about San Fran. I'll be gone Sunday night and Monday, okay?" I tell her and she's staring at me like she's waiting for me to say more. 

"Oh? Okay, yeah. I got school on Monday. Just you and your dad?"

"Dunno. Sometimes his partner Mike goes. Bre sometimes joins if it's a fun city."

"Okay. Sounds fun." Her words seem devoid of emotion and I eye her to make sure she's good. She gives me a hint of a smile in return. 

"Shall we go then?" I ask and she's still looking at me like I should have said something else. I should tell her Keeley texted me, but I don't want our first date night with friends to start off with drama. I'll tell her when we get home, leave the bullshit for later. I swipe the keys off the counter and as she grabs her purse, I secure my watch around my wrist. She gives me an odd smile when we meet in the living room and I lead her to the garage. Something is up with Lucy just by reading her body language and I have no idea what could have happened in less than an hour. She lets me kiss her cheek when we get settled into the car but she stays quiet all the way to the Castaway.