Lucy

After everyone arrives at the dimly lit restaurant, I find Stella waiting for me at our table, tucked into the center of a semi-circle pleather booth. She pats the open space next to her and I quickly slide in to get close to her. I lean in, careful to avoid her 14k gold hoop earring, and say, "I think Jack was going to kiss me at Spin the Bottle." 

"How on the nose," she replies with a smirk and I toss her a dramatic eye roll. 

"Jack. Jack Dalton was going to kiss me," I add dramatically. "On purpose." She isn't able to reply back as Ariana and Fischer quickly settle in next to her, leaving an empty space on my left for Jack, who was looking for parking. I'm sure Fischer loves being sandwiched between Ariana and Stella but I think Ariana was hoping to be closer to Jack. I am so glad I already know Jack isn't into Ariana or I would have been horrified if I had to watch them flirt in front of me all night. She pouts before saying, "Booths suck. It's so hard to mingle being so far away." She reaches out to the empty space next to me and juts her lower lip out. 

"I think you got the best seat in the house," Fischer replies to her with a sexy smirk which she just giggles at. I catch Stella's eye and her "kill me now" look. 

"Who else is joining us?" I ask as I note the tightness in the booth. 

"It was hard enough to get a table for 5 last minute, I didn't invite anyone else to eat. I did tell several people I'd meet them at Indigo's later for drinks," she replies and then quietly murmurs, "I'm hoping Fisch can ditch Ari by then." 

"You want to hang with Fischer?" I whisper in shock, knowing that crush is usually one-sided. She shrugs and then winks at me. I let out a laugh and then glance to Fischer who is scanning the beer list. He is looking good tonight. Stella likes beefy, well-dressed men, which is so Fischer, but she just couldn't get past his "entrepreneur" title. 

"I heard his little start-up was being bought out by a big tech company," she mutters out of the side of her mouth and my eyes widen as I acknowledge her statement. 

"Did he just become more appealing to you?" 

She grins, "It also comes with a job offer. He might have stable employment after all." 

"Well, he has a car and his own house. If he checks off the stable employment box, the only other hang-up is roommates," I tell her with a knowing look. "But everyone our age has roommates Stel." 

"Jack doesn't," she says with a finger flopped out in front of me. 

"Jack doesn't what?" I hear Jack say and we both flick our glances over to him. 

"Doesn't like Rosè, so I am not getting a bottle for the table," Stella replies smoothly. "Pick something else." She looks at me while sliding me the wine list. 

"How was Spin the Bottle?" Stella asks Jack pointedly as he settles in next to me. I feel my cheeks redden and hope she does not embarrass me. He darts his eyes to mine for a split second before replying, "Cut short. Could have stayed longer. How was the rest of the show?" 

Stella pops a shoulder up, "Jameson sold three pieces, so I think successful. There's still another hour so he may sell more. Everything was winding down, so I left." 

"Your cookies were divine," Ariana purrs from the opposite end of the semi-circle. "I saw a ton of people take your business card." 

I perk up at that information and ask, "Really? Good, I could use the side hustle right now."

"I want to put in a standing Friday order for my office, Luce," Fischer says, "My team loves when sweets are brought it."

"Really? Done. I'll email you." I tell him eagerly. "Got a cookie order. Making money."