Chapter Twenty Two

(These people used a lot of the moves I attempted to describe, please ignore the guy's shoes)

Conveniently, a Latin song started up and we started moving our hips to the beat. I meant what I said, I made no promises about behaving. As the beat picked up, Bucky led me into a series of twirls and pulled me back flush against his body, and he was the one who warned me to behave. I'd definitely get him back for that.

As he drew me back up from a sensual circular back bend, I drew my heel up and then back down the inside of his leg and I could feel him shiver slightly against me. "Teasing isn't nice." Bucky murmured against my ear as he pulled me back from a spin so we could sway for a few beats.

"Is it teasing if I intend to follow through?" I whispered back, rolling my body against his just before he sent me into another twirl.

I heard Sam call from above us, "that isn't PG13!"

When Bucky pulled me close so my back was to his front, we swayed our hips in figure eights as I leaned my head back against his shoulder and asked, "mind if I kill him?"

He leaned over my shoulder to murmur back, "there's a knife in my left pocket." He spun me back so I was facing him and switched his grip to my hips as we swayed to the fast beat. I let my hands wander down his shoulders, exploring his chest painfully slowly for both the knife and my own satisfaction, his reactions were exquisite.

I lingered a little longer once I felt the handle of the knife and subtly pulled it from his pocket, I loved being able to touch him and he didn't seem to be complaining. When I felt I had lingered long enough with a crowd around us, I muttered, "spin me." Without questioning it, he spun me out and when my arm was fully extended, I flicked my wrist and sent the knife up at Sam without ever breaking rhythm. We chuckled together as the echo of an 'ouch' followed by several curses came down to us, my aim must not have been fatal. I was a little distracted though so it was understandable.

We danced so close that nearly every part of our bodies were pressed against each other but the song was quickly coming to an end. Might as well go out with a bang. I dragged my heel up the outside of his leg and wrapped my knee around his hip. He supported my back with his forearm as I leaned my entire body back as far as I could, with my hair and wings nearly brushing the ground.

As I looked up at Bucky's face, a look crossed his eyes, he was so good at hiding it I had only seen it a few times before now; open desire. "James," he snapped to attention when I used his first name, "kiss me." Just like that, his lips were on mine, soft and warm. The music and sounds of the crowd muffled around me, our heartbeats and our breaths the only sound that filled my ears. The kiss was hard and demanding as he moved his lips across mine, I ran my fingers through his hair, eliciting a soft growl that made my lips vibrate delightfully. I loved the tingles his scruff left on my skin and the dueling effect of cold and warmth his two hands created against my back. Finally, Bucky pulled me back up to the applause of the crowd. Who knew it was so thrilling to kiss with an audience?

Giggling, I took Bucky's hand and we did a bow. "Since when were they dating!?" Sam called.

Bucky sighed, biting his lip in an irritated manner that was actually kinda sexy. "I don't have another knife." He muttered.

I chuckled and suggested, "we can just kill him tomorrow. But as fun as that was," I gestured to the crowd who was still hooting and hollering over our performance—both of them—and whispered against his ear, "I think we should continue this in private." Both of our eyes were dark with desire.

"I like that idea." Bucky smirked, "now's a good time to make our escape." I opened my wings slowly and took a good fistful of Bucky's jacket. Taking off, I aimed for the window I had broke earlier and turned my wings to metal so they could act as his shield for any remaining glass. It was a leisure flight across the compound, the both of us enjoying the silence and stillness of the night sky.

Landing at the back door nearest our room, we walked calmly inside, as if this was a normal night where we would just go back to our room to sleep. It wasn't a normal night. As soon as we were through the door, Bucky had me pressed against a wall and we were kissing each other like we needed it to live. When I needed a breath, Bucky moved from my lips to my neck, I gasped at the sensation, letting loose a moan that he only seemed to be encouraged by.

I pushed his suit jacket off his shoulders and clawed at his tie, both were quickly discarded somewhere in the corner. I went to unbutton his shirt but his hand on my wrist halted my movements. He wouldn't meet my gaze and I knew exactly where he was going with this, "Angel, I'm—"

Cupping his face, I silenced him with a kiss, "you're perfect, James, scars only tell us where we've been, they don't dictate who we are or where we're going." He released his grip on my wrist and gave me a small appreciative smile. He relinquished control and didn't attempt to stop me from slowly unbuttoning his shirt.

I ran my hands over his body, exploring underneath his formal clothes. Yes, he was scarred, particularly where the junction of his shoulder met his metal arm, but despite it and maybe because of it—yes, I had a thing about scars—he was outrageously gorgeous. With tanned skin and toned muscles that were sculpted by hard work and the hands of the gods. I couldn't resist touching, tracing his muscles, his scars, placing a light kiss on each one without fail. I scraped my teeth against his collarbone and felt him shiver with pleasure.

He had worried so much about his scars and his arm and how I would react to them. He should have known by now that I loved him just the way he was, inside and out. "James," I murmured against his ear, "god, I want you." I pulled him into a passionate kiss and he responded with equal fervor, seeming to forget any of his previous hesitation. "Did you mean what you said before?" I asked, gasping as he nipped at my neck, "about worshiping me?"

"Anytime, anywhere." He breathed against my neck.

"How about right here, right now?" I murmured against his lips. Bucky guided me backward and when my knees hit the bed, he followed me onto it. He kissed me once, long and passionate, before climbing off, a smile on his face. "And where do you think you're going?" I asked playfully as I sat up on my elbows to watch him.

He walked backwards, back to the door, never once taking his hungry eyes off me. "The only one who would come in here is Steve, and even he knows what a sock on the doorknob means." Bucky said, hanging one of his socks on the outside doorknob. My wings fluttered behind me with excitement at his words.

"Well, I'm no where near done with you, so hurry up, Sarge." Bucky locked the door.

Turning back, he smirked, "Yes, ma'am."