Luca did the same, an arm around her waist, another on her head, pulling it close to his body. And he kept his head near her hair, and everything of her still smelled like her. Stella had this scent that she carried. It wasn't a scent that you could buy at a store, though it definitely smelled like a luxury brand perfume.

He pulled away, putting his two hands, cupping her cheeks, expecting to see love in her eyes. 

Nothing.

Luca saw nothing, but confusion as her eyebrows pulled together. 

And then, a simple question shattered his heart.

"Do I know you?"

++++++++++

Stella walked slowly towards the window, while the others were outside her room arguing. 

She cursed at herself for walking like a turtle. And upon looking outside, she wondered just exactly what the fuck went on because there was a Canadian flag hanging right outside. 

They were not in New York but in Canada. 

Luca had stormed out hearing her ask that. He scoffed and laughed to himself. "Do I know you?" That question was funny to him, in fact, he laughed historically the moment he left the room. 

Tears were still in his eyes, as he turned around to see Stella's doctor. "You didn't fucking tell me she was going to lose her memories! How the hell does that even happen?!"

Tyler had to calm Luca down, as the doctors rushed by him, into Stella's room.

"Luca, you're going to calm down. Right now. Let the doctors do their jobs, and we'll get answers after because there was no way they could've known. She didn't have any damage to her brain."

The doctor and nurses did a full exam on her, asking the last date that she had remembered, what her full name was, checked her eyes, and her previous injuries. 

And since Luca had calmed down, Tyler and him, both entered back into the room.

"This is not caused physically, it's more mentally. Her body had shut down during the incident as a defence mechanism. What had happened, took a toll on her, and her body thought the best way to recover was just to shut down and forget. This is temporary, and her memories will come back with time. At this moment, the only thing I can advise regarding this situation is to tell her what she has forgotten. But the good news is that she healing well, and in a couple of weeks, it will be like nothing had happened."

Tyler gave a nod as acknowledgment before the doctor had left the room. 

Earlier when Luca had hugged Stella, she didn't want to push him away, though it was uncomfortable letting a stranger hug her. She knew how he felt without needing to look at him because she felt it while being in his embrace. 

However, if he touched her again, she wouldn't think twice about breaking his arm. 

"So," she sat down, "Update me...wait nope, I have one thing you have to answer first. Who the hell is he?"

"Your husband," Tyler calmly said.

Stella almost screamed, but she knew how to put on a calm composure. "My husband?"

He nodded.

"How? What the fuck? I'm 19. And there was no way I married someone."

Tyler put a hand up, telling her to zip it. "It's February 21st. You've been married to Luca for almost six months now. You got into this position because grandpa Rafael wrote a contract where you would marry Luca and there were no ways of getting you out. We didn't fight, and you didn't fight against it either. You staked your claim and your position."