strain

"What's the time?" Someone asked.

"17:38." I said quietly and everyone fell out laughing, I guess I wasn't so quiet.

This lesson was so boring and guess what I'm hungies.

"Esther what is ionic bonding." bruh, I was too tired to answering questions.

"The losing and gaining of electrons." ha she thought she could catch me out.

The bell rang and that was the cue for me to go .

"Uh, Esther!" oh my gosh I don't have time for her breath right now, I rolled my eyes viciously and put on my most convincing fake smile.

"Yes Miss."

"Oh I just wanted to tell you that we have a science ISA exam soon and I don't want you getting all stressed about it you know, so I thought I should tell you in advance." I felt bad for making that comment about her breath now, even though it was within the comfort of my own head.

"Sorry for keeping you." she smiled sheepishly at me, aww.

"No miss, thank you for keeping me." I gave her my clicky fingers and left the classroom. Lunchtime aye, I was so hungry; I was rushing to get to the lunch hall even though I knew the line would be long by now- it was still worth it. I got down to the lunch hall and the line was shorter than I thought, whoppie for me. I heard some people calling my name, I was getting emotional like not today, not today; I was actually so hungry and everyone's trying to stop me from being with my one true love.

"Eyy, Esther I know you hear us calling you." I rolled my eyes and sacrificed my space in line for friends. Urghh, I regretted leaving the line.

"What?" I spoke with utmost annoyance.

"Get rid of that attitude young lady." Cheyanne spoke, she must think she's my mother or a teacher., I kissed my teeth.

"Well shit, we're sorry for getting you lunch." My face brightened up and I felt bad again.

"You guys must think I'm a bitch, I'm sorry." they all stopped playing mad.

"For not being sorry." their faces went back into straight faces. I was laughing so hard I almost wet myself, "got emmm." I hadn't even received the food yet and I was joking about. I'm 100% not serious.

"That was kind of funny still." Shai was the first to come round and the rest followed suit. That's what I fucking thought. I received a chicken and bacon pasta salad, but it felt like I was being pitied. I just put the pasta salad back on the table and walked out.

________________________________________________________________

Later on all of them came to me and asked me what was wrong, but I didn't say. I felt like our relationship as a unit was starting to be strained and I was being that strain. I didn't want to tell anybody how I felt but I would sit there and leave them wondering and I felt like a burden.

I went home that evening, well to my aunts house and didn't even want to go out to eat. I got dressed for it anyway, I can't be a burden all the time. I wore a baseball shirt with black skinny jeans and a pair of black vans. All black.

The door flung open and it was only Dami, she looked so excited. "Come on Esther." she gestured for me to come, I hurriedly stood up trying to adopt her enthusiastic attitude. on getting downstairs I noticed everyone was bringing someone and that Timothy wasn't here. I frowned at this and went back upstairs to get my keys, phone, bus pass and money which I put into my pockets.

I cam back down the stairs and sat at the table avoiding everyone, the door opened then closed followed by an, "Esther lets go now." and a rustle of picking up jackets.

Timothy and I had said nothing to each other since this morning and I wasn't really in the mood to generate meaningless conversation either. I was too busy thinking and then we passed the bus stop. What the hell?

"Erm we just passed the bus stop, where buses stop and help you get to places without walking as much." I in an obvious tone, but I actually wasn't being sarcastic. I don't know how that makes sense, but it does.

"We're walking." Dami spoke all cheery like it was the most exciting experience ever, it was pissing me off.

"Walking to where?" I was waiting for her to say Westfield's so I could insult her.

"To the restaurant, duh." she's lucky, but the restaurant was in Westfield's though.

"You can walk there, I'm not, must think this is a fucking marathon." I walked back to the bus stop. My attitude was so bitter I could taste it. Dami just looked at me and continued walking, while Timothy came to the bus stop. Conveniently enough the bus came and we got on it, I was happy Timothy hadn't spoke; it allowed me to keep my attitude to myself, but it was so unlike him. I didn't question him though, I decided he'd come around soon enough or maybe I decided I owed him that much respect.

We finally arrived at Westfield's and I took his had, it took so much in me to do that. We got on the escalator and walked across the bridge, finally he held my hand back- thank God because I didn't like that feeling I was feeling of rejection and unwanted-ness. I looked up at him and smiled, but he didn't smile back.

Something was really wrong here