[02] it's not a crush (it is)

Începe de la început

I stop in my tracks.

Do I like Lee Cheong-San?

I can't lie, he is very attractive... and I like his smile too. His dimples really add to his charm. He's also very reliable, and loyal to his friends... and I guess he does occassionally protect me from some of my annoying classmates. It's like he enjoys teasing me, but he doesn't like it when others tease me.

"Oh my God."

On-Jo stops walking as well.

"Oh my God, On-Jo." I hastily walk towards her and grab her arm. "I like Lee Cheong-San! Wait, do I like him?"

On-Jo quickly covers my mouth, motioning towards Cheong-San who is now walking back towards us.

"Yah! What's taking you two so long?" He asks, annoyed.

I unconsciously blush. "N-nothing! Let's go."

I pull On-Jo with me, completely ignoring Cheong-San as we walk pass him.

"Is it just me or is it getting hot in here?" I remove my hair tie from my wrist and tie my hair up in a messy bun. "Fuck it's really hot."

"Nah, that's just you."

Once we reach our apartment building, On-Jo waves goodbye, leaving me alone with Cheong-San.

"You got this, Na-Ri!" She cheers as she rushes up the stairs.

"What did she mean by that?" Cheong-San raises an eyebrow at me.

"N-nothing!" I say, covering my face. I peek at Cheong-San through the gaps between my fingers. He's still staring at me curiously. "Stop looking... ugly, you Gopher."

"I don't know why you're acting so flustered, I didn't even say anything mean." Cheong-San mutters, grabbing my hand and dragging me towards our apartment units. "It suits you, by the way."

"What suits me?"

"Your hair." He clears his throat. "You look better without all the hair covering your face."

Aish, darn it! Is On-Jo right?

Do I have a crush on Lee Cheong-San?

"Is this going to be an everyday occurrence?" I adjust the strap of my backpack and hoist it above my right shoulder, tilting my head in curiousity at my best friends playing rock, paper, scissors

"Na-Ri!" On-Jo exclaims, jogging towards me. "Play me, quick."

"No, thank you." I push her hand away gently. "I'll carry my own backpack." I smirk at the two of them before running off towards the elevator. "I will be taking the elevator, though! See you, losers!"

"Yah! You brat!" Cheong-San yells, running after On-Jo and I.

We both managed to get inside the elevator, closing it just before Cheong-San could wedge himself inside.

"He's gonna kill us." I exhale, leaning my back against the wall of the elevator.

"Me, maybe." On-Jo glances at me. "You, never."

"Aish, you're never going to stop teasing me, are you?"

"I live to tease you." On-Jo bows exaggeratedly.

I roll my eyes at her just as the elevator comes to a full stop. My eyes widen in amusement when I see Cheong-San in front of us, completely out of breath.

"You forgot this." He says, standing up straight and extending his arm to hand On-Jo his backpack.

"See this?" On-Jo lifts up a finger. "I cut myself during breakfast."

Cheong-San merely smirks, hooking the strap of his backpack on On-Jo's arm. He then turns to me and extends his arm out.

"Tokki, give me your backpack." He motions.

I frown. "Why? Carry your own, don't make On-Jo suffer like this."

"Let her suffer." He teases, grabbing my backpack from me.

He hoists it over his shoulder before I can even protest.

"Come on, we're going to be late!" On-Jo yells. She kicks Cheong-San's leg. "Jerk."

"Why is this thing so heavy?" Cheong-San pants. "Do you have a dead body in here?"

"Oh no!" I whine, my steps slightly faltering. "I baked cookies for Wu-Jin, I totally forgot about that. I hope it doesn't break off."

"Cookies? For Wu-Jin?"

"Yeah. I felt sorry for ditching him yesterday, so I made him his favorite!"

"Oh." Cheong-San looks at the group of students by the traffic light.

"Don't worry." I nudge him gently. "I made sure to bring you banana milk as well."

That seems to liften up his mood. He takes my hand in his once again. "Let's go, the light's about to turn green."

As if on queue, the signal turns green, and the three of us make a mad dash towards the school. Cheong-San and I barely make it pass the gate. Unfortunately for On-Jo, she didn't make it.

She sends Cheong-San a glare and throws his backpack on the ground, kicking it in the process. Cheong-San simply laughs and turns around, taking me with him.

"She's going to kick your ass, you know that, right?" I say.

"Good thing you're here to protect me then."

"What makes you think I'll protect you from On-Jo? She's my best friend too, you know. Maybe I'd like to see her kick your ass."

Cheong-San looks mildly offended. "After everything I did for you. I even carried your backpack!"

I stick my tongue out at him, grabbing my backpack in one swift motion. "I didn't ask you to do that, idiot."

I continue to make my way towards our classroom, with Cheong-San spitting insults at me along the way.

He says a lot of mean things about me, but the light tone of his voice prevents me from getting mad at him.

Stupid Cheong-San. Stupid crush.

 Stupid crush

an. woah, is this for real? am i really updating 2 days in a row? istg i'm so obsessed with aouad (/ _ ; ) btw idk if any of you have noticed, but some of the scenes/lines are kind of different from the series. aside from the fact that we have an additional character, i don't remember what they say word for word, so sorry about that. i still hope you enjoy reading the story, though! thank you for your support thusfar ♡