Eventually, after some small talk from afar, Steven and Freddy left the room. Davie helped me down the stairs and into the chamber. After helping me lay down on the table, I heard him leave. I sat there staring at the ceiling until I heard him speak to me. 

"Alright, this should be enough...now, this stuff isn't...uh...your normal drugs or whatever. It's a little different than that. But don't worry, It's very little so it's safe I promise you that." 

"You make a lot of promises," I responded. 

He laughed softly as he was prepping, "Yeah I know, but I don't break them, I promi-..."

"Ow, don't make me laugh, It hurts like a fucking bitch." 

He apologized, sat down next to me, and began hooking me up to a machine. I saw a syringe with a purple glowing substance inside. He wasn't kidding when he said it wasn't an ordinary drug. I can't say I wasn't a little nervous having purple glowing goo being shot up into my veins. But, if he said it was going to help, then I guess I'll just deal with it. 

"Okay, so it will hurt a little. But not for long, maybe a few seconds at max." 

I turned my head slightly to the side to face him, "You think I'm not already used to it? I don't care, just it over with." 

He nodded as he moved my forearm so he could see my vein. I looked away at the ceiling as he shoved the needle into my arm. After injecting my arm, he removed the needle and placed a small bandage over the hole. 

It didn't hurt at first, because of course, it didn't kick in yet. But when it did...It hurt. I squeezed my eyes shut and clenched my fists. It felt like someone set fire to every internal part of my body. I bit my tongue to keep myself from screaming. 

But after a few seconds passed, I felt nothing.

No pain. 

Wait...

No pain?

I shot up from the table into a sitting position. I moved my arms around fluently with no pain at all, like my body was perfectly normal again. I did the same with my back, torso, neck, and legs, and still no pain. I looked at Davie in awe, "Holy shit. It worked."

He crossed his arms in success, "I told you it would work, I always keep my promises. But now that you're fixed and all, do you wanna get cleaned up? I could schedule you a makeover?" 

"I can't tell if you're being serious about the makeover thing or not."

"Hundred percent serious. What do you want? Cut and dye your hair? piercings?"

"I'd take all of those. If I'm gonna be half animatronic, I at least have to look cool."

"Then consider it done. We'll do it tomorrow"

"Why thank you, my kindhearted homeless butler."

"I have an apartment you know, and I'm not your damn butler. I'm just that good of a friend that's all." 

____________________________________

"Jeez, I can barely recognize myself," I said looking at myself in a mirror in Davie's apartment. I really liked how everything turned out. I looked so much better, I didn't hate how I looked as much. I walked back over to the kitchen counter where Davie was making coffee for him and me. 

"Happy with it?" He asked. I nodded as I started to trace the marble pattern on the cold surface of the counter. "Well if you don't mind," He continued. "I need to go back to the pizza plex today. There was an issue with the programming with the new staff bots. They wanted me to fix it "asap."