"That's What Family Is For"

You were playing with powder and the rest of the gang when you noticed Vi was no where to be found and you realized you actually haven't seen her all day which you thought was a bit weird "Hey have any of you seen Vi?" They all shake their heads i...

You were playing with powder and the rest of the gang when you noticed Vi was no where to be found and you realized you actually haven't seen her all day which you thought was a bit weird "Hey have any of you seen Vi?" They all shake their heads in unison which you thought was even more weird that even powder, her sister  hadn't seen her. "Hey pow-pow I'll be back alright? I'm going to try and find Vi." You say getting up as she nods and smiles waving to you as you walk downstairs, you see Vi's door and make your way to it as you knock. "Vi?" You say with a bit of worry and anxiety in your voice, "who is it?" She replied nervously "It's me y/n", "come in" as you hear that you take your cue to open the door slowly you then notice Vi sitting on her bed which her head in her hands. You quickly close the door and walk over to her "what's wrong Vi are you okay?" you ask as your eyebrows furrowed together.

"No, do you remember that last mission we went on?" She looks up at you waiting for your response you nod "of course I do how could I forget" you said as you chuckled a bit "yea well powder wasn't suppose to go on that mission but she wanted to go so bad I couldn't reject her without feeling guilty about it" She says, you guys sit in silence waiting for her to continue. "Vander found out that powder had went with us, I know because Claggor and Mylo told me and they said Vander is extremely upset and that soon he's coming to talk to me" she said very worrisome with tears pricking at her eyes, you put your arm around her and hugged her closer to you. "Don't worry Vi, I'm sure everything will be okay even if he gets upset with you now he can't be upset forever. You just wanted to give Powder an adventure and we're all safe so there's really not an issue" you say as you try to console her.

"Thanks y/n." She says with a small smile looking up at you, soon after you hear steps growing louder as you feel the pinkette's body tense up against you. "There's nothing to worry about Violet I promi-" you're cut off mid sentence as Vander opens the door looking at Vi. "What were you thinking Vi???!!!" Vander yells as you sit there contemplating on whether or not you should say something. "It was my idea." You said as you looked up at Vander, "What?" The big man says. "I was the one who let Powder come, it was my idea it's my fault don't yell at Vi for something she had not part in." Vander's face is still very angry and cold looking "How could you?!?!? Do you know the amount of danger you put all of you guys in not only Powder but also Mylo and Claggor!!" You sit there as you wait for Vander to finish his rant "I'm disappointed in you Y/n." He says as he turns around and closes the door behind him.

"Why did you do that? Why did you take the blame for me??" Vi asks you, shocked at the way you stood up for her but also confused as to why. "I didn't think it was fair how he was yelling at you Vi. We all make mistakes I chose to take the blame because I care about you" you said as you looked over to her with a big smile, she hesitated but smiled back at you a place an arm around you, "thank you Y/n, seriously I appreciate you so much I think we should give Vander time to calm down but I really do owe you one." She says while you learn into her touch and smile. "Anytime Vi, that's what family is for." She hums in affirmation letting you know she took in what you said. Vi was very grateful that someone cared enough to take up for her.