Doing anything.

So... this was kind of unexpected to me. 

I was in History class on Thursday and it was a catch up day so we could work on whatever work for whatever class we wanted to. I was doing some work and then there was a lull in the flow and my mind just started to wander. I suddenly had a little quick idea and I quickly got upon a new tab and just started writing into my notes. I don't know if this happens to other people but I just feel super awkward writing in public places like for instance, a classroom where I happen to sit in the front of the room.

There was a very uncomfortable moment where around midway through, I looked over and saw the guy sitting next to me staring at me and my computer where I was writing. I  scooted my computer(not very subtly, I assume) so it was tilted the other way and kept writing. 

I didn't see where the story was going until I was at the end. It could have applied to anything but I'm posting it here and making it slightly Wessa. If you aren't interested then that's okay. Be aware it probably has many mistakes as it was written in the middle of my class at school.

I'm not sure if it's exactly sad but it made me feel sad for the rest of class and now when I was developing it more.

It's just a quick story with 2K words which is a lot lower than my usual.

If it's sad, I'll make it up with the Valentine's day story I'm posting soon.

Bye!

Also, I'm not sure if I should add a trigger warning or not but if so:

TW: character death

________________________

When they were young kids, he had a surprise for her. 

"Come on," he told her, pulling her by the hand into the woods. She laughed.

"Where are you taking me?" 

He flashes a grin at her over his shoulder. "It's a surprise."

She laughs again at the mischeivous look in his eyes and feels a great anticipation. In her daze and thoughts of how beautiful and carefree he looks, she trips over a hole in the ground and falls to her knees. 

He doubles back for her and swoops her up into his arms bridal style.

"Eep!" She scrambles and wraps her arms around his neck, scared she'll fall. "Let me down.  I can walk."

"I got you." He did, and in more ways than one. 

"You seem desperate to take me to this surprise," she notes.

He nods, maneuvering expertly through the trees and over their roots. She wouldn't be able to do that with the ease he was demonstrating. She wasn't used to running as she was simply a maid in one of the townhouses. He, on the other hand, was one of the racers that the landowners bet on. They should have never crossed paths but there were only so many in their village and they'd somehow managed to fall in love. 

"Hint please?" she pleads a little. He glances down at her and a smile pulls again at his mouth. She liked how open he was with her; in public, he was more of an arrogant sort with dry, snarky humor. She loved his jokes as much as she loved his gentleness. She loved all of him, no matter what and he loved her just the same. He made a point to tell her often because something in his head made him feel he didn't deserve her. She felt the exact opposite and thought he deserved anything he wanted including a life away from this village.

"I want to show you the lake," he tells her. She looks up at him in surprise, her fingers tightening their hold on the back of his neck. He's peeking down at her for her reaction and she can imagine how wide her eyes must appear.