bonus chapter [cleopatra]

Start from the beginning

"You two should also go and get ready. I will be down in the main hall in thirty minutes." Lyra turned to smile at the two teenagers, both of who looked at her with wide eyes. "Go on. You can have the night off." 

"Thank you, Your Grace." The eldest dipped into a low curtsy, the other following suit, before they both rushed off in a mess of giggles and gossiping. Lyra chuckled, before calling for Elia.

The large wolf was now closer to her shoulder height, which was truly scary, but Lyra had managed to brush her fur through and force a dark blue ribbon round her neck in place of a collar. She would most likely sleep through the entire thing, or watch the children, but Lyra had wanted her wolf to be part of this.

Turning, Lyra admired the dress in the mirror. It was perfect. A shade of blue that matched the sapphires of her crown, and the necklace that Joffrey had gifted to her all those years earlier. Every step she took, it shimmered in the light, and though the neckline was mildly lower than Lyra was used to, she felt beautiful.

"Come, we should meet with Sansa and Myrcella." Lyra turned to Arah, hooking their arms together as they left the royal chambers. Her guards followed her in an instance, walking along behind them with Elia.

Normally, this was Tylar's job, but Lyra had sent him off to get ready. He would, for once, not be in armour for tonight's affair.

As they grew closer to the main hall, Lyra's nerves grew, until both of her sisters came into view. Myrcella was dressed in pale pink, her blonde hair braided away from her face, twisted upwards. Sansa was laughing at something she said, dressed in silver, her hair in a similar style to Lyra's.

"You both look beautiful." Lyra called, causing the pair to curtsy quickly before hurrying over to embrace her. "My two little sisters, all grown up."

"We've been grown up for years." Myrcella muttered. "We are both adults."

"You'll always be my younger sisters." Lyra cooed. The four of them spent the next few minutes admiring the others outfits, cooing and complementing the others as they twisted and turned. Finally, Elia seemed to grow impatient, nudging at Lyra's shoulder. Arah and Myrcella left first, walking into the hall as Sansa hooked her arm through her sisters.

"Margaery would love this." Lyra nodded. "She'd command all the attention in that hall."

"She did always like to have everyone's eyes on her." Lyra nodded at the thought of her friend, smiling sadly. It never got easier, losing people that was. She still missed them with all her heart. "The best we can do is honour her memory, and have a wonderful time tonight. That would make her very happy."

Sansa nodded, before following the others into the hall. Lyra took a deep breath, stroking Elia's head as she wished for Joffrey's presence by her side. But, he wasn't there.

She missed him.

"Finally, introducing Queen Lyra Baratheon, first of her name." Lyra pushed a smile onto her face, stepping into the Throne Room as the courtiers bowed for her. It took a moment, before the music started up once more and chatter filled the room, bouncing off the walls. 

Lyra took a moment to admire it all, the large braziers, the musicians, the colours and the people - all of it. This was everything that she had dreamed of when she was younger, and that made her smile.

"Mama." Turning, Lyra found her eldest son rushing towards her. The nine year old was smiling, pushing his crown back onto his head as it slipped. "It's amazing! There's so many people in here, I've never seen it so busy."

"I'm glad you like it, Little Lion." Lyra crouched, smoothing her son's doublet out and pressing a kiss to his cheek. "You're looking very handsome."

"And you're looking beautiful." Mikael grinned, a smile so similar to his father's. Lyra chuckled, before standing and holding her hand out for the boy as she made the rounds, saying hello and welcoming everyone she could.