...In Love and War

As the Interceptor flew through the wide, grand universe, the crew readied themselves for the next step against the Red Lantern Corps. Although two of its members had seen better days, Sergeant  Kilowog was sulking at his station, holding his face with a dreary look. The Bolovaxian had left a planet of his own species, he had thought were lost, as well as a female Galia who he had grown an emotional connection with. The other member who was acting abnormal, was (Y/N). After the incident regarding his Gauntlet, (Y/N) hadn't spoken much, the rest of the crew weren't awere of how far he had pushed himself and the weapon, but he was more quiet than usual. Keeping to himself and rarely speaking up, by asking questions of the wider universe. 

"Is that all it takes to stop a Green Lantern, a broken heart?" the ships emo Red Lantern, Razer inquired glaring at Kilowog who was down in the dumps.  

Hal noticed the state his comrade was in, and walked up to Kilowog who was sat at his station. "You want to talk about it sir mopes-a-lot?" the human inquired. 

"No" Kilowog swiped his shoulder away from Hal's hand. "I miss Galia, okay?" he went on. 

"Hey I know, you're not the only one who left someone they care about" Hal said looking down, remembering the love he had left back on Earth. "You need something to take your mind off this emotional stuff" Hal tried to cheer him up. "You too (Y/N), missed your overly excited attitude these last few days" Hal said turning to the rookie. 

(Y/N) rolled his eyes, he wasn't as bad as Kilowog was, just quite. 'I'm becoming Razer aren't i?" he thought to himself. 

Aya, who was now fully repaired, did a 180 in her seat and turned to Hal. "Sensors indicate an entity 8,000 meters off the starboard bow. Contact in 20 seconds" she informed the rest of the crew. 

"Thank you Aya" Hal did a two finger salute.  "That's exactly what I'm talking about. So Kilowog you're in charge, what's your move?" 

"Look, Jordan, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I'm just not up for this" Kilowog continued to sulk. 

The whole ship was then rocked, as if something crashed against it. Everyone was knocked out of their seats, although (Y/N) held a vice like grip and managed to remain seated, he had noticed his strength had seemed to increase slightly over the last few weeks. 

"Shields at 76% and holding" he informed. "What hit us?" he asked, as everyone looked out the windows. They were met with with massive tentacled violet, see through monster. Its mouth with teeth as sharp as daggers attempting to chew through the bridge. 

"That's a real monster" Razer said as he regained his footing. 

"I did give ample warning" Aya tried to reason. 

At this point everyone had recovered with Hal's ring glowing bright, "I thought you were playing along. Let's go guys" he ordered. Hal, Kilowog and Razer quickly exited the bridge with (Y/N) activating his Gauntlet and quickly following them out. As the ramp lowered so they could leave, one of the tentacles made its way in, and wrapped itself around Kilowog pulling him out. Kilowog created a hammer to try and bash the tentacle to free himself, while the other three looked out on the creature, which had fully wrapped itself around the Interceptor. 

"Aya shock that thing off the-" before Hal could finish a tentacle attempted to grip him forcing him back. (Y/N) and Razer quickly scattered trying to avoid capture. Although Aya did hear the command activated the ships defences, a shockwave of green stung through the monster although all it did was make it more angry. 

(Y/N) fired a blast of energy at an incoming tentacle, he tried to get an idea of what they were dealing with. Hal and Razer blast the creatures body though this did nothing, (Y/N) could see a tentacle nearing Hal the Daxamite flew over and backhanded the tentacle away with his left hand. The smack was powerful enough to cause a powerful roar from the monster and the tentacle to back away, Hal Jordan having a shocked face at the strength (Y/N) possessed but shook his face and it was probably just the Gauntlet. They refocused their efforts to the creature, who brought Kilowog closer to its mouth ready to devour the Lantern. At this point, Hal had been caught in a tentacle and although he had attempted to evade it, Razer had been caught as well. The three captured Lanterns were drawn closer to the creatures mouth leaving only (Y/N) to  try and defeat the monster.