Chapter 18 - Monsters

Start from the beginning

Then, Engano took off with Scar, right into the slaughter. Engano slid under a wolf that came ahead of the pack and slashed his front leg clean off. The beast dropped face first and immediately Engano fired one round into its head. 

He immediately turned back around and leaped at a wolf, tackling it down. Then swiftly buried his knife into the wolf's throat and ripped it open. Blood erupted from the wound and bathed Engano. Another wolf pounced on him, but Scar came in and bashed the wolf to the side. Just as it fell, Engano unloaded a few rounds into it. 

"Good going Scar! Now let's waste’em!" He yelled. 

That's when it began, his one man army attack against the monstrous wolves. Scar and Engano ran in and tagged teamed them. Blood painted the forest and Engano had a wicked smile on his face the entire time. He looked more like a devil than a man at this point. Soon the devil's luck would run out for him though. The army of wolves never seemed to stop and started to overwhelm him. A wolf leaped past scars defensives and slashed Enganos face. Taking off his right eye. Blood spilled from his face but Engano didn't even react. He just spun around and buried his blade into the wolf's skull. 

Scar cried and flew toward him. He was heart broken, his best friend was just wounded, because he wasn't strong enough. As Scar came in, a wolf pounced on him. Engano noticed and turned, shooting the rest of his clip into the wolf. It dropped to the ground and another wolf came in. Biting Enganos leg and tearing it off. Engano reached into his pocket and took out some knives, he quickly tossed them at the wolf, who immediately dropped.

Scar came down and Engano leaned on him. Then the kid from before grabbed at Enganos pant leg. Tears were in his eyes and it was obvious Scar and the kid had the same motion in mind. The horde before them hesitated, yet still trekked closer to the three. Engano looked at the horde, then turned back to Scar and the kid. I could sense the regret, yet the yearning for war. He took a breath and turned toward Scar. 

"Scar, take the kid and run." Engano said. 

Scars eye grew wide and he immediately shook his head. Engano growled and shoved Scar off him. He dropped to his good knee and picked up his knife. 

"You heard me Scar! This is my mess! You're not gonna pay for it, ya hear!"

Scar looked at the kid. He didn't want to go. Yet he knew. He knew exactly what he needed to do. Scar gave his friend one last look. The child hugged Engano, who punched the kid in the face.

"You're not weak anymore. So stop crying, and go be the king of the wolves. Like you promised. And take care of Scar." He told the kid. 

Scar grabbed the boy by the pants and flew off. The world shined bright with Enganos scream, and my heart filled with Scars sorrow. Then, everything went black. The cool air caressed my skin and I could hear the rushing of the river beside me. I opened my eyes and there he was before me. The prehistoric beast, Scar. His face was inches from mine and his one eye looked at me with curiosity.  My eyes scanned over him as well and I noticed many new scars had riddled his body.

 I reached out and rested my hand against his cheek. 

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Scar." I mumbled. 

He leaned into my hand and I heard Casey shriek. 

"It's Aerodactyl! Nyx! Nyx! You've got an Aerodactyl!"

I blinked a few times, then looked over to her. And I was speechless. It looked like she had a dying Coyote next to her. The thing's back legs looked like that of a Kangaroo, while it had spikes running down its back. It's face reminded me of a tigers, but was as wide as a dogs. With its canine teeth poking out. 

"Is, is that the Chupacabra?" I asked.

"Yeah! Look! Isn't he a cutie!" She cheered and wrapped her arms around that thing's neck. 

I expected a fairy, a bunny, maybe even a gorilla or something. But she summoned the Mexican devil? I stared at the creature and felt it's joy. This thing was connected to Casey's soul?

"Umm, no. No it does not look cute. It looks like a rabid starved dog."

"Hey! Don't talk to Cupcake like that!"

"Cupcake?"

"Yeah that's his name." She turned toward the creature and smiled. "Isn't that right?"

Cupcake licked her cheek happily and I felt pure bliss from the thing. Well, I guess he does like it. I looked back to Scar and smiled. 

"Welcome to the-"

My whole body spasmed and I dropped to the ground. The world went black and the image of a human face came to mine. It's skin was pure white, it almost looked like a mask. My vision came back to me and my stomach did a barrel roll. 

"Ah- What the hell!" I grumbled and grabbed at my sides.

"Nyx! What's wrong!?>" Casey cried and dropped down to my side.

The world glitched out again and I saw a glimpse of the sky. It was shattered open like glass and something huge and black crawled out from it. It's wings stretched out wide and it glided down. Then the world came back to normal and my head erupted. It was like my brain was gonna explode. 

"Devour,consume,power, strength, domination."

Something whispered into my mind, over and over and over again. I grabbed my head and beat against it. Yet the words just tore into my mind. 

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" I yelled.

"Yo kiddo, what's wrong?" Boa called out.

The world flashed black again and I saw the silhouette of a man in the woods. He had his handheld out toward a woman floating in the sky. Then I was ripped from the vision again and everything stopped. The voices, my stomach, my head. Everything was still. The only thing in my mind was its name. 

Face Changer. It's name is Face Changer.

"He's coming.." I mumbled.

"Whose coming Nyx?" Casey asked.

I stood up straight and before I could warn them something black dropped from the sky and landed near Boa. She squealed and Nick stood up. He slammed his palms on the ground and a wave of ice came out and raced over to Face Changer. Encasing his legs in ice. And I finally got a good look at him. 

Face changer was shaped like a dragon that was lined with obsidian fur. His huge wings stretched out wide and thrashed around. While his giraffe-like neck stretched out to Boa. Showing off his milky face. 

"Nick! Nick!" Boa yelled as Origin hissed at it. 

Origin striked and went to attack Face Changer. Whose mask suddenly broke open and a huge wide mouth appeared. Before he could take a bite out of Origin Nick speedily came in and punched Face Changer. Who broke out of the ice and crashed against the tree. 

The beast's face changed back to the mask and started to shift. Flipping through human faces like a toy. Until it settled on a girl's face. Magically producing pink hair on its head that laid over its face.

"Boa! Boa I'm scared." Face Changer spoke in a twisted girl's voice. It's head spun around and it grew closer to Boa, who looked pale. "Help me! Help me!"

Face Changer said over and over again.

"What the hell is this?" Nick mumbled.

I stood up and walked over to it. 

"His name is Face Changer. And he's...my other familiar."