Somehow they had managed to make it back to their room, because Pansy woke up with frizzy curls tickling her mouth and an arm around her torso. She smiles softly before tucking the loose strands behind Hermione's ear and trailing her fingers down her back.

How had she gotten so lucky?

Pansy will ask that question every day she's sure, but for now all she can do is relish the time she has with Hermione.

It's so strange how your life can change in the blink of an eye. Even three months ago, Pansy would have never thought she'd have Hermione Granger in her arms. She had managed to discard her whole plan to stay focused and remain unattached, but Pansy honestly didn't mind. It's refreshing having someone who cares about you and wants to spend time with you, even if it won't last forever.

It doesn't take long for her bedmate to stir, groaning softly, albeit cutely, before blinking the sleep from her eyes.

"G'morning," Hermione mumbles.

"Morning, love." Hermione smiles and nuzzles into Pansy's neck, kissing it softly before she lets out a sigh.

"We have to go to class today," she says with disgust.

"Unfortunately we can't laze around in bed all day."

"But I quite like that idea," Hermione pouts. Pansy chuckles and turns onto her side, resting her head in her hand. She takes a piece of Hermione's hair and twirls it around her finger. "Ugh, I forgot to take care of my hair last night."

"It looks beautiful to me, love." Hermione rolls her eyes and chuckles. 

"Easy for you to say, you don't have to deal with the frizzy, knot-filled aftermath," Hermione starts pulling at different parts of her hair, groaning when she sees how much work she has to do. 

"Well, it's almost time for breakfast, I don't think you want to miss that, love." Hermione perks up, excited at the mention of food, her hair predicament forgotten. "I thought so. Let's get dressed and then we can walk down together, yeah?" Hermione's eyes flash with an emotion Pansy can't quite place, but she nods anyways and sits up. The sheets slip off of Hermione's body and Pansy can once again see her in her blue, silk pajama set. Pansy bites her lip and turns away, letting Hermione pick her clothes out without prying eyes. 

Both women dress in unison, sneaking glances and sly smiles. The memories of last night were fresh on their minds, and Pansy couldn't stop thinking about their snog. They were lost in each other, neither wanting to pull away first. Eventually Hermione dragged Pansy back downstairs. Then they curled up together and whispered sweet words until they drifted off into the best sleep Pansy's had in months.

It seems that making up was good for both of them, because for the first time since the term started, Hermione didn't have a nightmare. Pansy was ecstatic at the thought; she hated that Hermione suffered every night. Maybe all she needed was a sleeping partner, someone to hold her close so she felt safe. 

"What are you thinking about?" Hermione asks.

"Just you." Hermione's cheeks burn as she laces up her left shoe. 

"What about me?"

"Well, mostly about kissing you; and holding you in my arms," Pansy smiled. She loved the way Hermione shyed away at her words of endearment. 

"I think about that too."

When both women were ready, they stare at each other. 

"You look beautiful, Hermione."

"You're stunning, Pansy." Pansy reaches out her hand and waits for Hermione to follow. Once their fingers are laced together Pansy opens their door, stepping out into the South Wing corridor. Coincidentally, Daphne was exiting her room at the same time. She takes one look at their conjoined hands and smiles wide.