CHAPTER 1: HOME

*Heather's POV*

Finally, I arrived in New York. It took 5 hours from Los Angeles. Gosh, my back ached. I had been sitting for the whole journey. I moved my body little bit and I could hear a cracking sound. After I got out from the airplane, there was a black car waiting, and I saw someone I knew, standing there, waiting for my arrival. His friendly smile, made me miss him a lot. "Good afternoon, my lady."

"Good afternoon to you too, Louis," I replied with a smile. Louis worked as a butler, for 43 years. He was a loyal butler; he never tried to betray my family even though he recently offered a large amount of money from another rich family. He was also like my second father to me, because he was the one who taking care of me when my mom was sick. Yeah, I know he was already old; his age almost reached 60 years old but he had this young inner self of him. So don't expect that he can't do anything like a young man would do. You would never want to mess up with me, or else he would beat you up. I got in the car as he opened the door for me, then we drove off. It was silent for a moment because it was really awkward that I never talked with him for 12 years, so I started talking to avoid this awkward silence.

"So how's my father? Is he home right now?"

"He's fine, my lady. But unfortunately, your father isn't home right now. He has urgent business at China. So he may have come back after 2 weeks. Forgive me, my lady."

"It's okay, I know he's trying to make him very busy with his business after my mother died." I frowned. I stared at the side of the car, and the memories flashed back in my mind as I mentioned about my mom.

By the time, I was 7 years old, my mother was very sick. She had chronic leukemia. Until one night, I was in her room, alone with her. I held her cold hand, watching her pale face like she wasn't wearing any makeup. "Mom, why are you always lying on your bed every day? And why does your hand feel cold? Is it really cold here? Should I turn off the air conditioner?" I asked with a confused face and hesitated to let her hand go. I was still little a kid at that time; I was being an innocent kid, who didn't know anything or what happened to her surroundings. She shook her head and tears fell on her cheeks.

"No need, dear. It's not because of the air conditioner so don't you worry. I'll be fine." She forced her smile. She held my hand tightly as she could, she just acted that she was okay.

"Are you sure, mom?" I wiped her tears, felt worried.

"Yes dear. Hmm ... Can you promise me something, Heather?"

"Yes, I can." I murmured.

"Promise me, you should always be happy after I'm gone... Don't let anyone try to steal your happiness... and-"She covered her mouth with her hand while she coughed. Her hand was covered with red blood. Then I panicked. I didn't know where the blood came from. I was going to call Louis; however, I was distracted when my mom called my name.

She looked at me, caress my cheek with her other hand, and said with her weak smile, "Don't forget, I'll be always being with you in here." She pointed to my chest, which was direct to my heart. I watched her carefully as she slowly closed her eyes, and her hand slipped away from my cheek.

"Mom? Mom, wake up!" I shrieked. I hugged her tightly and begging her to wake up. But I knew she would never come back. I just really couldn't accept that fact that my mom was gone so fast.

Three days ago after my mother was buried on the day of her funeral, my father sent me to my uncle at Los Angeles all of sudden. I didn't know why he sent me there and that was why I came back to get the answer from him as I turned 19 years old.

I slowly opened my eyes and I was surprised that I fell asleep in the car. Without my realization, we already arrived at a big modern mansion. I really missed this house because this was where I had sweet memories of my mother, father, and Louis. We were having fun together like I was having a big happy family. But now, it was changed. The happiness that we had together was gone after my father got a stupid project.

Louis called the servants to take my luggage to my room, and the maid showed me my bedroom. I simpered, looking pleased with my bedroom. There was no change at all after I left. It was a classic big room with beautiful sakura flower wallpaper. There was a big bed with a white curtain around it, a study desk for me to study, of course, a big comfy couch, and also a huge closet with full of clothes. I looked around the room and I told my maid to leave me alone; she left my room as I told so. I searched for something in my room.

"Belle, where are you?" I wondered. Then I heard whimpered. I smiled myself and turned to my left. A tuxedo American shorthair cat walked toward me. She purred as I scratched her behind the ears, "Did you miss me?" She looked at me and meowed. I guessed I took as yes.

After I unpacked my luggage, I went to the bathroom to pamper myself with hot bath that already prepared by my maid. When I got in, all my aches were gone. I took a bath for like twenty minutes. I knew you guys want to ask why I took that long. But didn't you doing the same thing, other than taking a bath? If you did, so don't judge me.

Before I went to my beauty sleep, Louis told me that tomorrow I would be going to school. Guess what? This school was not normal like others. This school was where the rich people study, with their bodyguards, for the whole day.