6 - 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝙾𝚗𝚎𝚜

Start from the beginning

──❍──

The second part of the Goodwill Event consisted of individual competitions

The second part of the Goodwill Event consisted of individual competitions. While I was offered the chance to sit out of the event to recuperate, I sought Shoko's help with her cursed technique to allow me to participate. The Tokyo students agreed with it, so long as everyone would receive treatment. They claimed it was for a fair fight, but I believed their team members were also roughed up from the group competition.

As of now, Yume was in an archery competition against Haibara. The instructors and students all gathered in the training ground, five targets scattered across the field.

"Hm. Bad luck for him," a male upperclassman commented, referring to Haibara's misfortune of getting paired against Yume in an archery competition. His lips twitched into a lopsided smirk, hand supporting his chin as he observed the match with hawk eyes.

"Miura senpai." Acknowledging the presence beside me, I faced the raven-haired illusion technique user. "I heard you dealt with Geto-san yesterday. With your help, we're able to stall them and win. Thank you."

The raven-haired guy raised a brow at me. "What are you thanking me for? We're a team, (F/n)-chan."

I let out a small chuckle and turned back to the game.

Miura Chiyo was a grade 1 sorcerer who hailed from a small, but extremely powerful clan in Kyoto. They were known for various illusion and manipulation techniques. With a rare innate talent and immense wit in battle, he was currently regarded as Kyoto Jujutsu High's strongest student.

Back to the game, Yume drew an arrow and released it without any hesitation. It landed on the outermost circle in the target, scored as 5. She quickly lost the spectators' favor since Haibara scored a 9 for a starter.

Eh? That's weird.

She never misses that far- if she even misses at all.

"That's okay, Yume-chan! Seven more attempts!," Utahime- who traveled from Kyoto to Tokyo just to support us- cheered. "Go beat Gojo!"

"They're not even in the same category!" I giggled at Utahime's obvious distate towards Gojo. I wondered if she really came to support us or put the white-haired mop down.

I left Miura in his spot and squeezed through the crowd 'till I got Yume's attention. Her eyes widened in delight when she spotted me among the spectators and excitedly waved her free hand. "(F/n)-chan!"

I waved back and mouthed "good luck", but frowned when I realized I was wearing a face veil.

Yume took another arrow, released it, loaded another one and released it again without any pause. That puzzled almost everyone since she still looked confident despite not hitting good numbers.

Until...

"A nine Oh! Finally, a ten!"

The students cheered despite being more in favor of Haibara who had all 9s and 10s. There were only two arrows left, but the winner was already decided. Even so, Yume looked unfazed as she drew one more.