27

jieun was confident in finally telling jisung about her newfound feelings

jieun was confident in finally telling jisung about her newfound feelings. it didn't take her very long to realize she liked him, and that made her very hesitant at first on if telling him so soon was even a good idea. however, she couldn't just let her feelings linger around her forever. it would start to eat her alive if she didn't tell him quick enough.

with her hands shoved into her sweatshirt pocket, she walked up to jisungs door. the two of them grew close so quickly that they'd hung out alone plenty of times, to the point where jisung even allowed her to just open the door and walk in when he knew she was coming over. she didn't this time. butterflies fluttered all around in her stomach at the thought of what she was about to tell him.

the girl lifted her hand to knock but the door flung open before she could, revealing jisung himself with a look of shock on his face when he saw her.

"jieun! i was literally gonna wait outside for you, but come in," he moved to the side quickly, giving her more room to walk in, which she did. she slipped off her shoes and put them to the side as jisung shut the door behind him.

garfield had immediately came to her feet as she stepped further into his home. jieun gasped in delight at the animal and knelt down the pet him, the cat pushing himself further into her hand, eyes shutting at the touch. he spent most times at jisungs house, as he grew more comfortable there, and jieuns mom wasn't too fond of animals anyways.

jisung watched as she tucked her hair away from her face and nuzzled her cheek into the cats fur, a grin forming at the sight. after another second, jieun finished up what she was doing and stood up again. in all honesty, she may have been stalling on having to face jisung by playing with the cat. there was no turning back now.

"are you hungry? thirsty?" jisung asked, walking towards the kitchen area and getting ready to open the fridge.

jieun quickly shook her head. "i'm fine. um, i wanted to talk to you about something?"

her heart was beating out of her chest. as if it wasn't fast enough before, it definitely was now. she could hardly keep eye contact with him, fiddling with the hem of her sweatshirt as jisung leaned his elbows against the table, staring further into her between the space created between them by the table.

"yeah?" he asked, curiosity forming. he too was growing nervous waiting for what she had to say.

"okay, i'm not gonna beat around the bush—"

jieuns sentence was stopped as she jumped in surprise at the sound of jisungs door swinging open and a voice echoing through out the house. "i'm home!"

the pairs eyes went to the door, elijah strutting in as if he lived there, comfortably throwing his shoes off and making his way to where they were. jieun sighed, in both relief and annoyance. the loud boy walked in, stopping in his tracks immediately upon seeing the two.