[ II ] KINGDOM OF ARIADEN

Comincia dall'inizio

"Your Highness, you're taking me to Ariaden with you?" Jana asked with a hint of fear in her voice, "I-I a-am good here, Your-"

"Are you trying to oppose my command, Jana?" I looked at her. She immediately gulped and shook her head,

"Huh? Who's opposing you, Your Highness? I will gladly come with you, hehe." Jana forced a smile and I couldn't help but to smirk. She then went inside the sedan after me.

"Your Highness, the King and Queen wants to see you." She whispered beside me. I heaved a sigh and looked outside through the tinted window of the car. Jana opened the car for me while slightly bowing her head.

"Ari." Father's baritone voice filled my ears. I swallowed hard before bowing at my parents.

"My baby..." I bit my lower lip when I heard Mother's soothing voice. It seems like she's about to cry anytime soon, "I am sorry we have to do this. You may not understand now, but I am sure you will. Soon, Ari." Mother took me into her arms.

Father pats my back, "This is all for you, Ari. We will make sure to settle everything for you."

I couldn't understand a thing. However, something within me felt relieved. I placed my arms on my mother's back as Father hugged the two of us. He gently planted a kiss on my forehead and caressed my hair.

"Don't give your fiancé a headache, okay?" Mother warned me. I frowned and faced her. She slightly chuckled when she saw my reaction, "What?"

Mother, it is actually the opposite. That Prince will be my headache instead.

"Always remember to behave there, Ari. Although you will soon be part of their kingdom, that's still not an excuse to be naughty."

"I am not naughty, Father."

The King let out a laugh, "Yes, you are. You always escape the palace." His laugh slowly faded as his expression changed, "Don't go out alone like you always do in here, Ari, or at least bring a guard or your fiancé with you. Things are not the same anymore. We need you to be safe."

I heaved a sigh and nodded in agreement. Father flashed a genuine smile, "Now, go."

I swallowed hard before taking a deep breath, trying to stop my tears from falling. I pursed my lips and bowed to them, "I will see you soon."