Chapter 19

Delilah woke up Saturday morning, curled up next to Valentin. One of his arms was wrapped around her while the other was draped above his head. Seeing snow falling outside the window and feeling no heat coming into the room, she knew that it was just as cold inside as it was outside. At least once every winter since she moved into her apartment, the heat stopped working and her apartment became a tundra. Pipes froze, windows froze shut, and there would be no water for at least a day.

Realizing that today would be one of those days, she pulled the covers closer to her body and cuddled closer to Valentin.

"I was wondering when you were going to wake up." Valentin's husky voice said.

"How long have you been up?" Delilah asked. He leaned down and pecked her on the lips.

"An hour or two. It was freezing and I didn't want to get out of bed just yet."

"I understand. This happens at least once every winter. Usually when it does, I just stay in bed and get up when it's absolutely crucial."

"Then, I guess we're staying in bed today." He rolled over top of her, wrapping both his arms around her, and covering her face with kisses. She giggled in response, trying to get away from his onslaught.

"Stop, Valentin!" She shrieked, giggling. He ignored her pleas and continued smothering her with kisses.

"Why would I stop?" He said, going down to her neck. He kissed under her ear, causing her to moan. "It's obvious you like it."

"I feel like you're taking this further than just playing around." She stated, squirming under his touch.

"Further how?" He mumbled, running his hand up her leg under her night gown.

"You know what I mean by further." She moaned when he went back to kissing her neck.

"I have the foggiest idea as to what you're talking about." His lips found their way back to hers. He tugged at the left shoulder strap of her nightgown and pulled it down.

"You are trying to take this further." Delilah said, pulling away from his lips.

"Do you not want to, mami?"

"It's not that I don't want to. It's just that... I..."

"You've never done it before, have you?"

"No. I haven't." She blushed.

"Well, don't worry, mami. I'll be careful."

"But, it's freezing in here."

"Oh, you'll be warm in a few minutes." He smirked, pulling the sheets over them.

~~~

"Wow." Delilah gasped, laying on top of Valentin's bare chest. Three hours of off-and-on love-making had her worn out and breathless. Small beads of sweat gathered at her hairline, causing her hair to frizz up slightly.

Valentin chuckled at her response, kissing her forehead.

"What time is it, mi amor?" He asked, stroking her bare back.

"It's...," she lifted her head out of his neck and peered over at the alarm clock, "a quarter 'til 11."

"Roll over, mami. I'm going to go see if I can fix the heat."

"Do you know how to?" She asked.

"We'll see in about an hour." He patted her butt, indicating her to raise off of him. She rolled over with the sheets pulled up to her neck to shield her from the cold. Valentin rose from the bed in search of some clothes, giving Delilah a full view of his naked body. She blushed and giggled.