30 - New Bitter Truth..

Start from the beginning

"How are you Arthur? Does anything still hurt?" I asked as I walked over to him.

Arthur just replied with a grin that grew wider and he patted the chair beside his bed, signaling me to sit down. He looked like a child waiting for a toy.

I shook my head then narrowed my eyes at him "Sometimes I forget your real age, which is very old, when I see your current behavior"

Arthur laughed loudly at my words "Haha yeah you're right, I get too carried away with this body sometimes"

"It's okay, you should enjoy this time" I said with a shrug.

"Kyu! Mama!" Suddenly a plume of feathers jumps at me.

"Hey sleeping princess, how are you?" I asked Sylvie while stroking her who was currently snuggled comfortably in my arms.

"Kyu! I'm very good right now Mama" Sylvie then purred in my arms. I sat on the chair beside Arthur still hugging Sylvie.

"Where have you been for 3 days Ross? I've been awake for 3 days but you haven't visited me"

"I have many things to take care of, my patient is not the only one you, you know" I said while sticking out my tongue. To be precise, it's only been 3 days since I left Arthur's side, for this 1 month I've been completely focused on Arthur's healing. I never even left his side for the past 1 month for fear of his condition getting into a critical state again.

Dialysis equipment has not been found in this world, so the process of removing poison from Arthur's body is very difficult, Arthur even experienced shock several times and almost died. But luckily it was all past. When his critical state has passed I just dared to leave his side.

I sighed, remember that day.

"By the way did you get hurt while against Uto? And how did you defeat him?" Arthur asked me with curious tone.

I also briefly told him how I fought Uto. Then I put Sylvie on Arthur's bed, and I took out something from my dimensional ring. A strong pressure was suddenly felt in the air due to the thing I took out.

"Uto's horn" Arthur said while looking at it in amazement.

"Yeah you are right, and your current mission is that you must absorb the power of this horn."

"Alright, alright, it's time to get back to training, one month is long enough for me to rest." Arthur said as he got off the bed and he start stretched.

"By the way I'm going to teach you how to make this horn absorption go faster than it should. I don't know if this will work or not, but let's try it." I got up and sat on the floor in front of Arthur's bed in the lotus position. "Sit in front of me" I said to Arthur who raised an eyebrow in surprise.

After Arthur sat in front of me I asked him to close his eyes "Concentrate on your mana flow, and don't be surprised when I touch your body" Arthur nodded in reply. He followed my instructions then closed his eyes.

Planting a small amount of mana on my finger, I pressed one by one the five main points on Arthur's body. Opens his mana stream.

"Woah, what are you doing? I feel like I'm entering Realmheart, and it's not draining my mana, but my mana seems to be constantly being filled" Arthur said, still closing his eyes. I smiled while pressing the last point on Arthur's body. Suddenly a layer of mana formed around Arthur, he looked like he was surrounded by a mana vortex, and Arthur's mana flow was extremely strong. I even strengthened myself with my mana so I don't get hurt from the mana wave.

"This is so amazing!" Arthur said loudly, I smiled at him while holding back the urge of mana emanating from Arthur's body.

"Now absorb this horn, in this state you will absorb this horn faster" Arthur opened his eyes, with smiling he nodded, he then returned to concentrate on absorbing Uto's horn which was currently in front of him.