𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 ❀ 𝐆𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐮

Start from the beginning

"um, y/n...?" he said quietly, in the softest voice he could muster.

"hm?" you lifted your head and saw him. "oh, gorou! hi."

he was a bit depressed that you were faking a smile, and it showed with his ears and tail drooping. you blinked in response to it. it was cute, but you wondered why he was upset.

"what's wrong?" you asked.

"uh, well, i saw what happened just now..." he said hesitantly.

you were suddenly much more embarrassed, knowing that he saw you getting rejected, "o-oh, you did! well, you don't need to worry about me, i'm fine, hah..."

"i don't mean to be rude, y/n, but it's clear that you're not..." he responded. "it's okay to admit it, y'know?"

"ah, i'm not convincing you, am i?" you sighed, to which he shook his head.

he came up with an idea, but he was unsure if he wanted to share it with you or not. maybe you were just waiting for him to leave you alone so you could be unbothered. he didn't know, but he chose to take a chance since he wanted to make you feel better.

"um, if you want, i could take you somewhere?" he offered. "to get your mind off it?"

your face brightened up, "really? where?"

"wherever you want!" he smiled, his tail wagging behind him.

"hm..." you hummed. "how about yae publishing house? i've been hoping to go there for a while."

gorou's ear twitched and he was nervous at the mention of yae's workplace, but he decided he'd be generous, so he agreed.

on the walk through the city, he observed your movements closely. you walked as you normally did at school, full of pep. if he hadn't seen you get rejected, he would've never suspected anything was wrong. your eyes were like a reflection of the sun, glowing brightly to compliment the rest of your features. you seemed perfectly happy, and gorou wondered how many other times there were when you hid your true feelings from everyone. you looked over and once he realized he was staring, he quickly turned away.

"sorry, i didn't mean to stare...!" he apologized.

you chuckled, "it's fine, don't worry about it. i must be quite breathtaking."

of course, you were joking, but it was true.

you have no idea... he thought.

"here's the book i've been looking for!" you gasped, picking it off the shelf. "a legend of sword!"

"you enjoy those types of books?" gorou queried.

"yeah! is that weird?"

he momentarily panicked, "no, no! not at all, i think it's... cool..."

in all honesty, he thought everything you did was cool.

you smiled and went over to pay for it. yae miko was at the counter, giving gorou the terrifying glare she always had as he stood behind you. you glanced between them, curious what was going on, as you put the mora on the counter. you noticed gorou's tail was stiff, as if he was afraid to move. you almost laughed because of it, but you were glad you knew someone who was so honest with their feelings. well, he wouldn't have much of a choice anyway.

"c'mon, let's go," you said, stepping over to the front door. "...gorou?"

"ah, yeah! coming!" he yelped, rushing after you as you left the building.