chapter 5: pèrez abode

Start bij het begin

You've entered the shop and the smell of freshly baked pastries has greeted you. You started looking around and your eye caught an unfamiliar food. It looked really yummy.
"what, you want some?" Startled, you quickly whip your head to him. Even though you haven't said anything, your aura radiates that you really want it.

"I'll buy it for you–"
"No! I mean– y-you don't have to eheh" You chuckled while playfully patting his hands, but deep inside you really want him to buy it for you. Camilo raised his eyebrows, "if you say so–"

"Wait, I'm joking! Maybe I do want it but what if this is a trap and you'll use this against me to do something for you in the future that I can't refuse because I already ate it and I can't give it back to you and–" You stopped when you heard him laugh. "calmar calmar, I promise I have no ill intentions this time"

He took the pastry and went to pay for it. He held out the paper bag containing the pastry to you. You squinted at him first but quickly snatched the paper bag from him. "thanks"

Both of you left the bakery and started walking towards the town park. The two of you sat down on a bench, you took out the pastry from the paper bag and used the fork it came with to munch on the pastry. "This shit banging! what's it called?"

"merengón de fresas" He replied, eyeing the town clock. 2:21pm it stated. He exhaled and laid back on the bench. He waited for you to finish and while eating, girls your age started waving at you- well to Camilo. Some of them glared at you but you paid no attention to it.

"You sure are popular"
"of course, I'm the one and only Camilo Madrigal after all" He proudly said and pointed to himself, being completely oblivious to the infatuated eyes of some girls. "Suree" You blankly said.

While chewing the pastry, you glanced at him. Sure his curly hair complimented his face and his hazel brown eyes did look pretty. He wasn't the tallest out there but he towers over you by a few inches.

"You have freckles?"
"huh?"
"I MEAN hh-have-– when! are your elections ahah.. hah" You mentally cursed as you almost got caught gazing at the boy and observing all the details on his face. "we don't have elections here, maybe the neighboring towns but here in Encanto, the head chief is practically us Madrigals"

You nodded and placed the empty food container inside the paper bag. You looked at the environment and it was nice, completely different from your timeline. "Encanto's beautiful" You commented.

"yea, it evolved a lot too. three years ago it was just an average village, we were really secluded from the outside." He explained. "it's 2 times bigger than it was before"

You hummed and nodded. You looked at the clock tower and saw the time, 3:10pm. "You're taking me to the Pèrez's house right? I recall your abuela saying it was pretty far from the Casita"

"yep, from here it'll take 20 minutes. from the casita it'll take 40 mins, are you sure you wanna live on the outskirts of Encanto?"

"Yep, positive"

"that place is secluded too, people won't hear your screams if you get murdered" You stared at him with terror as he laughed.

The both of you chatted for a while and 10 minutes have passed. "you wanna head there now?" He asked you.
"Sure, lead the way!"

———

The walk to the Pèrez's house was actually fun. There were people who chatted with the both of you and gave you a warm welcome. You enjoyed the surroundings, the breeze was cold, there were trees and plants everywhere. So vibrant and lively, much better than back at home, dull and lonely.

Too mesmerized by the place, you didn't see someone riding a horse at lightning speed. Before it could hit you though, Camilo quickly grabbed you. "Could you atleast pay attention to where you're going?!"