chapter 5: pèrez abode

"If he does something shitty to you y/n, don't be afraid and tell me! We'll kick his stupid ass" Mirabel emphasized, Isabela agreed. You, along with Isabela, Mirabel and Camilo, walked together towards the town square.

"Sara's house is this way, I think we have to split here–" Mirabel said and pointed on her right side using her thumb. "Wait, lemme do something" Isabela cut Mirabel off. She went up to you and used her powers to put your hair up. Vines went up to your scalp that held your hair in place and flowers popped up on the sides of your head.

This was your first time experiencing her powers.

"Hey! stop showing off Isa!" Mirabel groaned. Isabela flipped her hair and both of them started walking. "Bye guys!! See you later!" They waved. "Byee!"
While waving to them, Camilo started to walk already. "Camilo! wait up??" You exclaimed, trying to catch up to him.

Once you caught up with his pace, you exhaled. It was awkward— You didn't know what to say. You side eyed him, please please talk you seem like a talkative one why won't you start the conversation–
Too busy with your thoughts, you didn't even notice your surroundings.

CLANG–

You accidentally banged your head on a pole. What the fuckk You mentally cursed while you landed on your butt. Some petals from the flowers on your head fell.
You could hear Camilo cackle, "What the hell man! You saw that coming didn't you, that's why you weren't saying anything to me!"

"Hey hey why are you blaming your clumsiness on me?" You gave him a glare and rubbed your forehead. He held his hands to you but you didn't grab it. "No thanks" You got up and patted the skirt of your dress. You shoved him on his side while he chuckled.

You both started walking again, "you're already 18 yet you still get grounded" You told him. "Eh, it's not that bad really. when we get grounded we usually just become abuela's servant and follow her wherever she goes"

It was only 8:30am and the town was already super lively. There were plenty of vendors and shops, it kinda made you excited. You loved shopping, or window shopping. It's just something that you enjoyed.

"We- we can visit anywhere right?" Your eyes sparkled as you looked at him and pointed to the shops. He sweatdropped, "uhh yea"

"GOING WINDOW SHOPPING IN THE 1900s!! LET'S GET IT" You screamed as you basically dragged him all over town.

Throughout your adventure in the town square, a lot of people greeted Camilo and endless children came up to him. They'd ask if you were his girlfriend and he'd sometimes tease you by saying you were. Whenever he does, he always ends up getting punched in the gut and you'd immediately deny. "I'm just a traveler from afar, don't mind this buffoon"

The both of you have almost entered every building. The flower shop, clothing store, book store, shoe store, grocery store, toy store and even the liquor store!—I should have brought my phone and took pictures, but it's okay I can come back again, maybe You thought.

You were having so much fun, both of you forgot to eat lunch. There were a lot of separate buildings but there were also little shops around the town. Encanto was big but it was only 2pm afterall, there was plenty of time to explore!

"Hey why'd you skip the boutique, don't girls love looking for pretty dresses to try out" You heard him say. You stopped walking and faced him. You nervously laughed and scratched your head. "Uhh yeah, I kinda have a bad memory with boutiques, last time I've been in one was like.. when I was 8 I think"
Camilo noticed your face darkened and tried changing the topic. "I heard Señor Andre sells the best pastries, you wanna go there?" You immediately beamed and agreed to go.