"Yeah but honestly Tavi, I think she might get him. She changed her life around. She's been clean for three years; she has a stable job, and a home." I could hear Sandra's voice cracking on the other end.

"Please don't cry," I mumbled. I soon heard her soft cries on the other end, "okay Sandra let's think of an alternative. Maybe you can explain to her how much you've done for Maurice in these two years and maybe she'll let you visit him or something."

Sandra sighed, "yeah, but that's not the point. This is the second time someone that means the world to me is bein taken away from me. How do I deal with something like this?"

"The same way you dealt with it the first time," I replied.

She huffed and the other end became silent. I tried to think of something to say but I could tell all she wanted was silence and I was okay with that. Honestly I don't know what to tell her because I've never been in this predicament and thank god I never will be. I just hope that there's a great outcome for everybody in the end.

"Can we talk about something else?" Sandra asked.

"Of course," I laughed. "Let's talk about how bad Addison is."

"Oh lord," she giggled. "I don't know how you put up with her rambunctious ass."

"She more than just rambunctious," I sighed. "The little girl can get someone addicted to drugs."

"Well now that Shayne will be able to talk maybe the bass in his voice can scare her a little bit," she replied.

"Hopefully," I mumbled. "But nothing can scare that little girl."

"But now that Shayne is able to move around a little bit and now gonna be able to speak, are you two still gonna sleep in the same bed?"

I shook my head, "nope. He can call me when he's in pain."

Sandra started to laugh, "Tavi you're so petty. If you don't just pop the pussy just once."

I scrunched up my face, "you're not a good best friend. You're supposed to get me to steer clear from him."

"Well yall are living under the same roof. You haven't had sex in ages, probably got some cobwebs down there."

"Sandra please...," I stopped her. "And besides Shayne and his new beau are hitting it off pretty well these days."

"He got a girl?"

"I didn't tell you?"

"Hell no you didn't tell me! Why ain't she taken care of his ass? What's her name? Who the hell is she?"

"She is taken care of him, when I call her in cause she's a nurse."

"Nu uh?" Sandra gasped in disbelief. "You got his girl coming into your house to take care of him and then she leaves him to sleep in bed wit' you. She sounds goofy, and you sound like a savage. Who is this chick?"

I laughed at Sandra and sighed, "her name's Emery Yang."

Sandra got silent and I had to pull my phone away from my face just to make sure my cheek didn't accidentally hang up on her, but she was still on the phone. I looked around awkward waiting for her to say something.

"Hello...?"

"Wait, what's her name again?"

"Emery Yang."

I could hear Sandra mumbling under her breath and then she finally sighed. "Tavi, oh my god."

"What, you know her?"