Chances

I slide down the door, sitting down on the ground. I hear a few knocks and groan. "Go away!" I yell but the knocking continues. "Y/n let me in, please! I'm not leaving!" She tries and I groan. "No! Go!" I say but her being the stubborn ass she is, she doesn't budge.

"If you don't let me in, I'll get Wanda." She offers and I sigh. "Don't." I say as I stand up.

I hear her already walk away and groan rolling my eyes. She's so annoying.

After a while of waiting for the Sokovian "Y/n?" I hear Wanda's voice behind my door and sigh. "I'm fine Wanda." I state and she hums. "Yeah, but Natasha isn't." She offers and I feel my breath hitch. "Why wouldn't she be?" I ask and Wanda chuckles. "You're both still into each other. Nat's scared to get close because she doesn't want to hurt you again and you're guarded because she left you a long time ago." She says and I open the door.

"How-" "Natasha told me" she explains cutting me off. "Give her a Chance. Here you can be together without being afraid. It's going to be different to what it was in the red room. No one will punish you for loving Nat here." She says and I hum looking at the floor. Her words bringing up the memories of Dreykov forcing me into boiling water and then ice cold water straight after. "Your thoughts are loud, Y/n." Wanda says and I snap my eyes up to look at her.

"What?" I ask and she gives me a sympathetic smile. "Sometimes I can't control it and just see  into someone's mind. What he did is horrible but Nat doesn't see you any differently, you know. She still sees the Y/n she left. Her Y/n." She says and I smile for a split second before my smile fades and I shake my head. "I can't..." I mumble and she sighs.

She takes a step closer and brings me into a hug. "You're not there anymore. You have no reason to be afraid. Let go." She murmurs "Give her a chance." Wanda tries and I sigh. I do want to see what it's like to be with Natalia without having to hide. Without having to be scared. Without the pain.

She takes a step back and smiles. "You don't have to hide here. It was weird for me at first too but the freedom and not needing to hide is nice. You can be yourself. Even if Tony will probably crack jokes, if any of his stupid jokes hurt you, Tasha will probably kick his ass." She laughs and I smile at the thought of having my Talia back. "I don't have to be scared." I mumble to myself and Wanda smiles nodding. "You don't." She assures before walking out of my room.

"Wanda!" I call after her and she hums turning around. "Don't tell Nat anything. I want to talk to her myself." I say and she nods, a smirk tugging the corner of her lips.

I let her walk away and sigh. I wander back to my room and clean it up, picking up all the pens and the cup, that I threw earlier. I place the book Talia gave me onto my nightstand.

I take a long shower where I think everything over again and come to the conclusion that I'll give Natalia the chance she's been wanting. If I'm honest with myself then I want it too but I'm afraid if being left again.

I push those thoughts aside and get dressed. I hum as I walk out. Feeling Natalia's presence in my room. "Talia." I state walking to my bed. "Wanda said I should wait for you to come get me or something but-" "waiting isn't really your thing." I offer cutting her off in the process. She smirks and nods.

"Wanda said she talked to you?" Natalia questions and I nod "She did" I agree whilst still patting my hair dry with the towel. She raises her brow, spinning around, to face me, on my desk chair. "She said you were into me?" I tease. Nat turns a shade of red before spinning away from me again.

"So is it true? I thought you were over me." I ask and she hums. "Who knows. You don't want me so if I like you or not, doesn't matter." She says, sounding almost disappointed.

I spin the chair around and Talia's eyes connect with mine. "You have no idea.. I waited for you. For years. You didn't show. That left a deep mark. Pushed me to be the best I could be." I explain and her gaze doesn't wander away from mine, showing me that she's listening. "Then the big painful part started. Dreykov tortured me, thinking I knew where you were and just didn't tell him. I swore that I had no clue but he didn't stop and started saying that he's doing it to ensure that I wouldn't start anything with others." I state and she sighs, scooting closer with the chair.

She slowly takes my hand. "What did he do to you, милый? (honey)" she asks, an ache in her voice. "He." I start and roll my sleeves to reveal my arms, covered in splotchy marks. "He made me sit in a tub of boiling water for around 20 minutes and then in an ice bath for 5 minutes, every few days." I say and Natalia kisses the back of my hand before looking at the ground. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know he'd hurt you." She whines.

I tangle my free hand into her red locks and lift the hand she's gripping to her cheek, lifting her head up so she's looking at me. Her eyes on the verge of spilling tears. I smile and wipe them away. I move closer only an inch or so between us.